Tesco

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

5th November 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I hope your going to use a decent installer this time....I have waitied since the last update to play this mod as the last release I couldnt install the mod due to the crap installer you used.

Fingers crossed

Anyone else had problems with the install software??

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Yes, good installer this time.

I didn't have problems at all and if you noticed the ONLY problem the installer had was that one of the patches didn't automatically find your BF1942 directory. If you weren't in a rush to install (but who can help that?) you would notice "SELECT YOUR BF1942 MAIN DIRECTORY" on there hehe. That was the only problem.

This one doesn't have that problem.

Petru

I post to get attention

50 XP

24th January 2004

0 Uploads

66 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Original .5 installer locked up my machine every time, was a nightmare, sometimes up to half an hour to unlock.

Tesco

50 XP

5th November 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I didnt even get to try installing, just gave an error and wouldnt do anything when I double clicked the install icon. Was not impressed at all....waited months to play this game. Hope they have sorted out the install issues.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

if you could have waited for the install get done processing and had patience, you would have played .5. yes it was suppose to do that

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
striderx2048if you could have waited for the install get done processing and had patience, you would have played .5. yes it was suppose to do that

Same thing happened to me! I tried it the first time and figured that it locked up, so I stopped it. The next time I decided to leave it running and watch the news. By the first commercial it had finished.

If anyone thinks that it's locked up on them just remember that this is a zipped file that is over 1GB in size! It's bound to take a while to install!

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

....or

'A.b.c.d.e.f..well...it ends there...now I know my FH install 1,2,3. it as easy as can be!'

lol, sorry. couldnt resist another install jab :p

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

BlistexSame thing happened to me! I tried it the first time and figured that it locked up, so I stopped it. The next time I decided to leave it running and watch the news. By the first commercial it had finished.

If anyone thinks that it's locked up on them just remember that this is a zipped file that is over 1GB in size! It's bound to take a while to install!

Yeah -- I bet there are going to be tons of "OMFG t3h install iz fuX043d!!!!" threads.

Tesco

50 XP

5th November 2003

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Ummm....NO! your not hearing what im saying. When I double clicked on the install button it came up with an error msg and REFUSED to install.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
TescoUmmm....NO! your not hearing what im saying. When I double clicked on the install button it came up with an error msg and REFUSED to install.

That's a corrupt download, try downloading it again when something like that happens.