BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#21 16 years ago

but realism is good as long as it not make the game to unbalanced nad boring other wise its good ..

StrangerThanFiction

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,110 Posts

0 Threads

#22 16 years ago

If the option had existed, I would have picked an even balance between gameplay and realism. The game can't ever be a a "World War II simulator" and would not be fun if it tried. FH should have as much realism as will fit without compromising gameplay. Almost no-one (for one example ) would want to play the loader in a tank, having no power to affect the game except by pressing a reload key after the gun fires, and not being able to see what's going on outside it, however realistic that would be. On the other hand, many aspects of realism enhance gameplay, like having a large variety of historically appropriate equipment.

Jono_CA

I post to get attention

50 XP

1st August 2003

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#23 16 years ago
StrangerThanFictionIf the option had existed, I would have picked an even balance between gameplay and realism. The game can't ever be a a "World War II simulator" and would not be fun if it tried. FH should have as much realism as will fit without compromising gameplay. Almost no-one (for one example ) would want to play the loader in a tank, having no power to affect the game except by pressing a reload key after the gun fires, and not being able to see what's going on outside it, however realistic that would be. On the other hand, many aspects of realism enhance gameplay, like having a large variety of historically appropriate equipment.

I agree, the only thing FH needs to fix is the amount of shell drop on tank guns, and the amount of penitration/ armor vaules specific for each tank. I think having Realistic tank combat would help out alot. XWW2 tried to make a realistic tank damage system but its so buggy it makes it worthless. Every tank can be disabled by 1 shot to the track which means a pack of shermans over whelm the germans on bulge. And there seems to be a bug where when the tank is driving towards the projectile the penitration is like tripled. I see king tigers get taked out to the front by bazooka's. Anyways, make a tank damage system like thiers without the bugs. :beer:

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#24 16 years ago

Whilst we parenthetically "play at War" the reason people are choosing "realism" over playbilitiy is they find perfect balance very mundane. Vanilla has sufficed for quite a while but since day 1 of the first demo, when I started with BF, I've always considered that any step towards "historical authenticity" a good thing.

How it is applied within the confines of this engine is a challenge I wouldn't undertake lightly. Ultimately whether realism is in effect or not depends on how we, parenthetically, "game the game".