Rafterman

Rule#1: Bring a Bigger Gun!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

594 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I thought I would pose this to the group since we obviously enjoy this mod and want to see it succeed.

I've been pleased to see the increase in servers and players since the new release. Much better than the days when you had one full server (WOLF), and that was it.

But I think we all agree that the game would be even better with more players and servers.

So, here's my question, what can we do to make this happen? Starting your own server is pretty simple, but we need more folks to play.

Any thoughts?

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I'm making 20 CDs and passing them out at school for one thing. I think a dedicated fan site would mean a lot as well, something like www.FHworld.us or something that would have an indepth list of all the guns and vehicles, their realistic counterparts, how to use them, what to do and not do.. it would make playing the game a lot easier for some people and would lessen the confusion of sifting through the forums to find the info.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

I noticed that it seems as if FH had its 5 mins of fame, most servers were deserted today or playing Prokhorovka with 3 vs 3, most new players seem to have moved on to other mods. What troubles me also is the map circle on most servers, it´s like Omahaa, Prokorovka, Omahaa, Saipan, Omahaa, maybe some extra-map like crete/stalingrad/makin and thats basically it on most servers. Don´t get me wrong omahaa is really great but not if you play it on every server every 20-30 mins...where are the other 42 maps?

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

and some without pb. and a limit of 8 people so me and the other people with slow computers can play this awesome mod too!

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I'm making 20 CDs and passing them out at school for one thing. I think a dedicated fan site would mean a lot as well, something like www.FHworld.us or something that would have an indepth list of all the guns and vehicles, their realistic counterparts, how to use them, what to do and not do.. it would make playing the game a lot easier for some people and would lessen the confusion of sifting through the forums to find the info.

I like the fan-site idea. Unfortunetely, my past sites I've created were all very poor indeed. The thing that will attract the most people would be venturing to other forums and posting links to the FH site, downloads, screenshots, etc. And for all of us to be on our best behavior in servers, so we don't turn out looking like dessert crisis. :nodding:

What troubles me also is the map circle on most servers, it´s like Omahaa, Prokorovka, Omahaa, Saipan, Omahaa, maybe some extra-map like crete/stalingrad/makin

Yea, it seems if I join a Crete or an Omaha, or any map for that matter...the next map is ALWAYS Fall Weiß. I don't know what everyone's obsession with FW is. It's a cool map, but it's pretty boring if you were to ask me. But seriously, like 90% of the time, the 2nd map the server im on ventures to is FW. :uhoh:

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
MyxlminxI noticed that it seems as if FH had its 5 mins of fame, most servers were deserted today or playing Prokhorovka with 3 vs 3, most new players seem to have moved on to other mods. What troubles me also is the map circle on most servers, it´s like Omahaa, Prokorovka, Omahaa, Saipan, Omahaa, maybe some extra-map like crete/stalingrad/makin and thats basically it on most servers. Don´t get me wrong omahaa is really great but not if you play it on every server every 20-30 mins...where are the other 42 maps?

Yep, that is what is frustrating me too......

Why do servers not rotate ALL maps ? I checked out all of them offline, and although i like some maps more then others, there are no bad maps anymore. No reason to leave maps out of rotation, playing only a few maps over and over again people get fed up and leave.

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Well this will change I think. For now, admins just rotate the most popular maps all the time, and these are Omaha, Saipan, Foy and Pohorovka.

Dont talk about 5 min of fame plz, we got around 1000 players all the time i looked for 1 week now.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

When do you think this will change?? :uhm:

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Well see. but being a nice community will help us gain popularity. :)

Icewarp

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

15th November 2003

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Hi,

Me and some friends started our Brazilian fan site. Check it out: www.fhcentral.com.br (it's listed as oficial fan site on FH site links section). Unfortunately it is not complete yet, so I would appreciate, in case you're creating one, if you could share the material you have for the site with us.

We did the same with FHNation.de from Germany, very cool guys (Thx Anubis).

Also, we are starting a partnership with a big lanhouse in Brazil, called JUst4Fun. They will bring a server up probably with ALL maps (JUST4FUN WAN BRASIL | 200.162.193.83:14567). Provided that, I would also aprreciate if someone could PM me with the maps maybe in Cronological order and the configs you would like on it.

I know I'm getting a bit off the topic but it is to show how we can organize and make FH grow the way we want it to. Thanks for the devs in making such a great mod.