tinymonkey

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th March 2004

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

I think that FH has a big chance right now to build its popularity. I saw some numbers (I can't remember where) tracking the number of players in each mod over the last month and the list was

DC EOD FH

Now, I think FH can easily surpass EOD, it just needs people to support it, and like someone else said, for our community to welcome all the new players with open arms. I have had several people on our server in the last few days that have said it was their first time in FH, and I try to always speak to them and encourage them to be patient until they get used to the mod. I think the difficulty of FH (versus vanilla BF) turns off a lot of people initially. Let's face it, some people just don't like dying on a single rifle shot. But, the ones that stick it out normally (in my experience) turn out to be longtime players. So, let's try to make them all stick it out, eh?

Also, we are running all the maps on our public server right now. Just couldn't bring myself to take any of them out. Well, except I am ready to cut Atlantic simply because it causes everyone to leave! Also, on a totally unrelated note, what about the missing bridge in Liberation of Caen? I think that one may come off as well. Ah well.....

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Agreed about the map rotation. Everyone wants to play Omaha or Wake, and neither of those maps are any fun after 1 or 2 times a day. It would be nice if server rotated every map, instead of just the new ones. Every map included has some changes in it.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago

EoD will faze out after BF:V, and when they get boarded of that (its very smacktard friendly. drop a tank on 10 teamates anyone?) they will come back to other BF1942 mods, namely FH and DC. IMO DC is boring, and I cant understand why people play it...

the people who play other mods will play other mods, those that play FH will play FH..either way we dont realy lose players.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

saipan is a pretty boring map so are all the pacific ones but Wake and iwo is funny ...

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago

Saipan is nice, but Makin rocks imo. Dogfighting above the island is great you can actually use the terrain to loose attackers it's fun.

BAM

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago

Makin is a good map but every body just takes a plane and fly never fights there would be good with a infantry map ..

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Agree with Bam, sadly it is as mentioned in another thread especially the pacific maps are more of a cat and mouse game than roughly coordinated play. The best are servers that play map with ~600+ tickets 3 rounds....maybe i am getting old but there is NO map I want to play 3 times in a row with ~600+ tickets, no matter how good the map was.

BAM

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

yea playign smae map over and over again is so boring i play on a server when they play 1 round on each map that is good ...

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

1 round isn't that good, especially if you dont have a medium or slow connection (you will join a already decided game). 2 rounds is fine IMO. And if people like it they can vote for the same map (that they are on ATM) and restart it for a third time.

Avrojet

WaW TA

50 XP

8th June 2003

0 Uploads

146 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

BFE-WaW for one will remain dedicated to FH.

If you want to play really great FH and nice custom maps that our Mapping Team have converted to FH, you should sign up and give it a go.

Guaranteed organized FH with 50+ players from all over the globe playing together with TeamSpeak and fighting for victory against the opposition.

IMO that's the place you want to be if you're a FH fan. This really is the way BF1942 and FH was meant to be played. FH is a good realism mod, so why not play it in a realistic way?