soldier_boy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

3rd February 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

:furious: That just about sums it up. It's really too bad but the waiting was just too long. We, my clanmates as well as all members of 4 other North American clans (representing some 150+ players) have given up on Forgotten Hope altogether. We play seriously and were in discussion to create a Forgotten Hope league with prizes for top team, provide servers as well as creating a small fund for the financial contribution to assure continued development of this modification. I have been chosen to communicate the general feeling of these members. This will be my only post as I, as well as the others, have no intention of returning to FH. Why give up on FH? Not only was the FH team's unwillingness to share update information very bad judgement it showed a great lack of commitment. Since the 0.5 version release showed much promise in September of last year, many players were eagerly adopting FH as a standard for BF1942. Most, if not all, were quite willing to wait for a impending release of even greater changes and additions. Unfortunately, the lack of any information for the longest time began an irreversible process. Not all people have the time as many of you here to spend on reading individual posts in these or other forums. The FH team's greatest error was not appraising the general public of quantitative progress yet filled their pages with images of their intention to achieve greater quality in the upcoming release. Although this is very noble these quasi-updates cannot replace any assurances of true development. Yet again, the latest release of this latest update once again shows the confusing nature of the FH team and seemingly incongruent method of updating its product by confusing the people they wish to attract to their work. Although the update is quite welcome indeed it does no justice to those attempting to keep up with the miriad of updates and patches to an already cumbersome modification. Since most individuals already run version .5e it makes no sense whatsoever to release a .5b --> .5f update where a hotfix would perform just as admirably. Far from assuming a role of unequivocal criticism, let me make it quite plain to everyone reading this that although FH is a great mod, the development methodology is insufficient, ill-organized and quite a disappointment to those seeking to support it. In our case, we were ready to provide significant support, however, in our view the FH team were unable to convincingly provide sufficient evidence of their professionalism. Best Regards to all. Mark

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

:rolleyes: Couldn't care less!

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

Well im glad you said that in a measured and intelligent way, I guess its a shame for the yanks that they are loosing out on a lague in FH as well. But im sure if you had waited just those extra few weeks until FH .6 is released you would be likely to change your opinion, not only because .6 is looking like beeing a very, VERY good mod. but also because after .6 the devs have said that they are very likely to adopt the policy that the only other mod which has come this far (DC) is using, namely releasing smaller updates with less content more regularly

it has been said by the devs that they have not done this thus far simply because it is not POSSIBLE in the earlier stages (DC didnt do it either). Before regular updates can start a good solid base must be started. FH .6 it seems, will be this base.

Maybe when they get to .7 and are an almost completely new mod, and producing with every bit as much regularity as DC, you will come back.

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

Yeah, seems a shame to give up on FH at this time - I have the feeling now that release will be in a couple of weeks.. ;) Still it's nice to read such a well put together post on a subject that gets many people's backs up. Hopefully you'll keep an eye on things and possibly return when you see the state of .6..?

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

I dunno, I love this mod but the wait has been VERY VERY long, I can see where this guy is coming from and I understand his situation, if 0.6 was to be released on the weekend or next weekend (hoping agains hope!) or whenever more people will come back to this mod, which is already seing a lack of players online. I just hope it would be released before the community starts to fall appart. kinda was a little pointless to release a .5b --> .5f patch, seing as all was needed was a quick hot fix and 0.6 is just around the corner (this week or next week corner *hint* *hint* :P).

but u guys are doing a good job, and even though u do post work on the mod in progress, maybe the comunity needs more of a contact.

my 2 cents :)

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

If what MG42Maniac said in another thread is true, there are many weeks without .6 ahead, guess he won´t be the last to go -_- (I heard they have found some probs and it won't be out for a while, so you won't be DL for a few fridays)

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

but he could be wrong right? devs please clear this up...

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

He'll be back! :lol: They always do.

As said in Waynes World 2 "build it, and they will come"

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

wish you could have given up on these forums too :rolleyes:

AegenemmnoN Advanced Member

The cream of the crop

228,590 XP

19th August 2003

0 Uploads

21,534 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

he doesnt seem to relise that the coders, modeliers, skinners, and whatnot do NOT get payed, they have to do all of their work on their own time.

got it pisses me off when people complain, when they should be thankful that this mod is free, and that the developers listen to what they have to say. it always amazes me how soon people forget that there are people who have to make this mod, an that they can only go as fast as they are able.

meh........