Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

HI all, i just had an idea to implement combat gliders into this mod... ya know the american normandy things? the ones that liked to crumple on impact? ^_~

Heres a pic: ebe174.jpg

O.o oops... hehe... :-p wrong one..... here ya go: glider2.jpg

ahh yes yes.... THAT one... (nice landing :uhoh: )

anyway, i had an idea to implement these ingame....

why not put an invisible "ship" in the sky (just above the fog limit... so people dont just look up and see floating gliders ^_~, and hang these things there like the landing craft, then have people spawn in them like the DC AC_130... then, when it fills up with people (should have many seating positions, plus standing room), the person in the pilot seat presses forward, and it drops out of the sky ^_^ it shouldnt have an engne but it should be controlable.. and the pilot can land and the troops can disembark....

sound good? no it probibly doesnt... seeing as i havent slept in just over 35 hours and its starting to take effect... but trust me... this would be a totally awsome idea! gliders swooping down in a night map over normandy, landing on skids (im SURE it can be coded so they flip real easy ^_~ just like r/l... hehehe)

try and comment on this... i KNOW it would be cool... and if i wasnt so damn lazy i would implement this into a map of mine (id have to learn advanced objects/objects work.... but its possible :-p)

in the meantime... since im so tired... i will post a short verse of my favorite ROTC chant ^_~ (i love it ^_~)

(STRIKE LIKE LIGHTNING, SOUND LIKE THUNDER, WE PUT THE ENEMY 6 FEET UNDER!!!! BLOOD MAKES THE GRASS GROW! (KILL KILL KILL) HIGHLY MOTIVATED! ALWAYS DEDICATED! (DRILL DRILL DRILL)) meh... the caps signify it is shouted ^_~ i wasnt being impolite

and to wrap it all up... heres another shot of that ewok combat glider ^_~ (did a search of "COmbat glider" on google.... HAD to post it ^_~)

ebe174.jpg

geoff the chef

[11PzG]geoffthechef

50 XP

29th March 2003

0 Uploads

190 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

will that be possible ingame?

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Sure, I already thought about that, but for the lack of a glider we haven't done it yet.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

i guess it would take a lot of skill to land a glider because you can't just cut the landing, give full power and go around for the next try. People would most likely use it as a stationary parachute platform...

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

ahha! but i already know of a way to fix that ^_^

by default the door would be closed (other then the opening nose, there is a door in the side (front left i beleve... look on the bottom pic, notice there are only 4 guys on the left side and 5 on the right? makes room for the door ^_~), i dont think the nose one is neccicary), and could be opened by the copilot.. even if it was open, it would be on the side and in the front, so you cant bail out unless the glider is stopped...

:-p this would be so cool....

Cg4a.jpgCrashNose2.jpgce42-2.jpg

BTW these things should be litterally invincible :-p makes for better landings.... :-p its impossible for one of these to explode anyway...

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
Originally posted by Major Hartmann Sure, I already thought about that, but for the lack of a glider we haven't done it yet.

You mean there are no German gliders in Crete???

(aw, big dissapointment)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

oollld, there was already a big forum(like 6pages) about this but it was in bfcentral forums a LOOOOONNNNG time ago before all ye young fans of FH were here.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Originally posted by Neko Reaperman Heres a pic: ebe174.jpg sound good? no it probibly doesnt... seeing as i havent slept in just over 35 hours and its starting to take effect... ebe174.jpg

dude, lay of the crack.

other than that I think the idea is great and would be a lot of fun.

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

It sounds good

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Originally posted by Maximus dude, lay of the crack. other than that I think the idea is great and would be a lot of fun.

:-p ph33r t3h 3W0|<5

anyway... would anyone be interested in making this acvtually work? i mean just like a newbie coder... just put like a floating fighter jet you can spawn in with no engene, infanite health, and no landing gear... (make it easy to flip over).. just to test the flight and landing physics, so if the FH people want this in, the cody will be ready-made ^_^