Augustus

Level Design Owns Me.

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

150 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

It's good to see you guys are puting a lot of thought into the smoothness of this release considering its size. Its seems not many mods in the BF community actually think about that side of modding, but its probably one of the most important aspects.

The smoothest releases I have ever seen are the Natural Selection mod releases, they ensure there are a LOT of high quality mirrors to get it from before the release date, and the whole thing is smooth as, those guys are pro's.

Anyway... just wanted to say its good to see! :cheers:

Nothing more frustrating than having to scoure the internet looking for full and slow mirrors. :(

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

I absolutely agree, although I did get my fileplanet subscription for nothing I still appreciate it. When the password is given saturday I can play immediately how about that.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

And bittorrent is piss slow...

Josey Wales

Save the wales !

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

508 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
-Moldie-And bittorrent is piss slow...

Hmmm ?

61 Kbyte average down and 63 average up is not what i call slow...

Check your settings, have patience and stop whining.

JW

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Ooooo tough guy..

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Josey WalesHmmm ?

61 Kbyte average down and 63 average up is not what i call slow...

Check your settings, have patience and stop whining.

JW

Ok, first of all no need to be so rude. Secondly, torrent speed depends a lot on where you are located. This morning I woke up at 5 and saw that the file had been released, so I tried one of the torrents -- I sat there for 25 minutes and had made no connections (yes, I do know how bit torrent works and yes it works on my comptuer); I fired up Overnet on my linux box, pasted in the donkey link and it was up and running within seconds. The fact that I'm in the US and Moldie is an Aussie put us at a disadvantage at the present time -- most of the torrent distribution will be in Europe until about midafternoon when kids get home from school/work etc.

Nevertheless, this is one of the best strategies for a release that I've seen.

Augustus

Level Design Owns Me.

50 XP

24th June 2003

0 Uploads

150 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

My bit torrent program is configured perfectly, and I have never gotten more than 6k/s d/l, and I upload at 40+ k/s. After a while of that, I gave up on it, I think BT is a heap of crap, lol...

I am in Australia, but I know people here in aus who get ~150k/s so I guess it just depends on what time you get into the torrent, too early and no speed, too late and all the selfish people who already got the file have closed theirs down = no speed...

Formerly Human

PsP Leutnant for WaW Axis

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

383 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Mine is done right now. I don't know how, but it is.

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

My torrent dl/s at a steady 0kb/s. I am soooooo pissed of right now. Friday evening and i have 0% FH 0.6!

[Glen]

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

My torrent finished this morning (GMT -5)... I left it running for a few more hours too total upload of about 2.5gig...

I hope that more of the larger mods consider this way of releasing.

[edit]Actually I dont care if any other mods do, I only play FH[/edit]