miss piggy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I just recently joined this forum and I am leaving with much astonishment about your "community" and FH in general. I cannot believe how little civilized discussion there is here in these forums. Individual criticisms or suggestions for Forgotten Hope are immediately downplayed, the posters shamed with vulgarities and from what I see so far there is no input from the developers of Forgotten Hope. If these forums are the official Forgotten Hope forums then there can be little said for all of you. In other forums of other games and mods the moderators (usually people involved in the development of the mod/game) take action immediately to quell any demeaning argumentation. This doesn't seem to happen here. I've been reading these forums the whole day and from what I've seen I don't find many examples of moderators stepping in to stop these childish arguments. If these people here represent the Forgotten Hope "community" then it doesn't speak well for this mod at all. I like this mod but to me it seems the moderators and people who take part in these "discussions" do not like anything but their own ideas or "facts". All I've been reading all day is "realism", "stupid, you don't know anything about realism", "that's not what the devs want"... and from who???? Definitely NOT from the developers but from some kids that just argue about words and nothing more. [color=red]To the Developers of Forgotten Hope - congratulations on a great mod.[/color] Please do yourselves a favor and interact more in these forums. Present YOUR IDEAS don't let others present them for you... Speak up - don't be spoken for! Unfortunately this forum has been hijacked by people that do not represent Forgotten Hope and you - the Developers - may be setting yourself up for getting a black eye by having these disorganized creatures roaming the forums. Bye.

Lt. Valentine

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,679 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

who?

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

bye :cya:

Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Yeah, I'd have to go ahead and aggree with him on this. There seems to be a lot of what Piggy is describing, and I don't like it either. Instead of people being civilized to each other, we constantly get a never ending exchange of one-upsmanship over who knows more about a period, or who knows more about a weapon. People who are mistaken or take a difference stance on an issue that is commonly held in one mindset are flamed beyond existence. Im not saying it is all of you or anything like that, but I am trying to tell some peolpe out there to grow up. It will not make you feel any better about yourself to put others down.

Roger Waters

Crash hates me. :( >:(

50 XP

25th July 2003

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

YAY one less noob.

ManiK

Dance the dance of life!

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

2,134 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I just recently joined this forum and I am leaving with much astonishment about your "community" and FH in general.

I cannot believe how little civilized discussion there is here in these forums. Individual criticisms or suggestions for Forgotten Hope are immediately downplayed, the posters shamed with vulgarities and from what I see so far there is no input from the developers of Forgotten Hope.

If these forums are the official Forgotten Hope forums then there can be little said for all of you. In other forums of other games and mods the moderators (usually people involved in the development of the mod/game) take action immediately to quell any demeaning argumentation. This doesn't seem to happen here. I've been reading these forums the whole day and from what I've seen I don't find many examples of moderators stepping in to stop these childish arguments.

If these people here represent the Forgotten Hope "community" then it doesn't speak well for this mod at all. I like this mod but to me it seems the moderators and people who take part in these "discussions" do not like anything but their own ideas or "facts".

All I've been reading all day is "realism", "stupid, you don't know anything about realism", "that's not what the devs want"... and from who???? Definitely NOT from the developers but from some kids that just argue about words and nothing more.

To the Developers of Forgotten Hope - congratulations on a great mod. Please do yourselves a favor and interact more in these forums. Present YOUR IDEAS don't let others present them for you... Speak up - don't be spoken for! Unfortunately this forum has been hijacked by people that do not represent Forgotten Hope and you - the Developers - may be setting yourself up for getting a black eye by having these disorganized creatures roaming the forums.

Bye.

Woohoo, now we need to find some way of making the other n00bs follow his example, he needs to be a n00b role model

Ping_Pong

Rockin' the Casbah

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

7,663 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

You judge a forum by a few people wow.. :uhm:

Big Lebowski

This is not nam

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,959 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I think the proplem is De jong's reply.....I agree

http://www.gamingforums.com/showthread.php?t=115244

miss piggy

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

14th March 2004

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago
Ping_PongYou judge a forum by a few people wow.. :uhm:

Yeah, unfortunately people like those that just replied up there are those that most vocally represent a "community". Ever hear of silent majority? or vocal minority? That's them. And the most unfortunate thing is there are many more people like me but don't bother to do anything about it. Too bad FH is represented by these scoundrels.

Machony Leeoun

XWW2 Sound Engineer/Coder

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

318 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

LOL, it's not a 'few people', it's more like alot. People calling him a n00b or whatever in this thread are just proving his point.