Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

First of all, I'd like to say that I like the new crosshair speed on the rifles. It is pretty good, and it keeps ppl from charging a base without taking cover and without team support. However, I have noticed some changes in the rifles that I don't really like, namely the power of the shot.

It seems now that with the bolt action rifles, they are not always 100% 1 hit kill. In a contrast to that, it seems that the Garand is stronger than even bolt action rifles. My case in point: I was playing a map as the axis with my trusty k98. We were fighting the Americans, who were mainly armed with the Garand. I'm lying down waiting for enemies to come up over a hill, and see an infantryman lying down about 100ft away from me. BAM! I shoot him, hit indicator goes off, but whats this? Hes not dead! Before I have time to shoot again (bolt action, mind you) the infantryman fires back with his Garand. His shot is true and I die. Now what is wrong with this picture?

My understanding is that the k98 was a powerful bolt action rifle, probably the best one in terms of firepower and accuracy that was in service during WWII as far as bolt actions go. Now the M1 Garand was also a good rifle, but was not quite as accurate, nor quite as powerful, at least less than or equal to the power of a k98. So why did I die? We both had the same parts of our body exposed to one another (the head and upper shoulder area). So why did the Garand beat the k98. As far as my understanding goes, the Garand was a great rifle not because of it's power and accuracy, but that it was a semi-auto COMBINED with average power and accuracy. I know that the Garand is penalized because the cross hairs quicky deviate with the smallest movement, but I think the ability to semiauto fire makes it enough of an advantageous weapon that it doesnt need to be as powerful as the bolt action rifles. If I am historically wrong on this point, please correct me, as I have never fired these weapons in real life, though I have learned from people who have.

Also, another case in point: I was the allies on a mission, shot a guy with a #4 from ten feet away. The hit indicator went off, but he didnt die. I quickly shot him again, and luckily he was unable to return fire. I knew in .5 that the #4's lack of power was made up for in it's fast bolt action, but this is a little silly.

I for one liked the one hit kill policy of .5. When I shoot a guy, and the indicator goes off, I want the satisfaction to know that he is dead, not that he will be able to run away and heal himself. Also combined with the deadly accuracy of the smg, it seems like it is more beneficial to run around with a smg than a rifle now (even in large, spacious maps with fire stretching more than 50 meters), instead of the other way around. Please bring the power back to the bolt action rifles, and tone down the Garand! Ok, now after that huge post, feel free to flame away.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Whats wrong with this picture?

you shot his limb. He shot your head or body. its as simple as that. Getting shot in a limb will take you down to 10% health or so. A torso or headshot is a kill. ALL rifles do this. They all have the exact same damage.

Practice with the rifles till you can aim at 1 hit kill areas of the body. At a distance, run away, then pop up and finish him off.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 15 years ago

This could just be a problem with the BF hit detection and not any change in the mod. Many a time I've been blasting away at someone SEEING the hit indicators and even blood coming off them but not having them die. Hell infact I remeber hitting some fool with half of a clip from a tompson from less than 10 feet and seeing the blood without him dieing. And I'm pretty sure the k98 is still 1 hit kill if you hit them in the chest or head and the Garand is usually 2 hit kills.

Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Neither of you guys listened to what I just said...

1. It would nearly be impossible to hit him anywhere but the head, as he was lying in my direction. We both had our head, POSSIBLY some upperbody (aka shoulder, what I wrote) exposed, so a limb hit is probably way out of the question, and I'm also pretty sure that there is a lot more than 10% to someone when their hit by a k98 to the limb. Not exactly sure on the second part, but it shouldnt matter.

2. I got a hit indicator, and I usually miss when I see blood and no hit indicator, there was a hit indicator, and that has a world more of importance than a blood splash.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Thier arms are beside thier head when they have a rifle, and especially when theyr prone.

You hit him in an arm. There's nothing wrong with the code. Grab a friend and try it out.

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Definatly hit an arm. Remember that if you rectical is anywhere near open the shot isnt going to go where your dot is. That means if your dot is on his head it will most likly hit his arm.

Also, one shot kill, is probably the best part of this mod.

Dancing Jesus

Eats IS-2s for breakfast

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

85 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

All I'm trying to say is that the rifles got less powerful. I can't explain how, or why, because I can't put my finger on it. McGibs, in .5, was the k98 a kill no matter what, even in the limbs? I can sware to you people that the k98 especially (its the gun I use the most) requires shooting 2x. I cant't really put my finger on it, just that I dont get the kills that I got in .5 and the Garand is better than before. Maybe I just have to stop griping, maybe it was a limb shot. Can anyone on the FH team tell me that it was changed for .6, or am I just loosing my mind?

In reply to your post urseus, i was lying down, so my retical was all the way closed (or as closed as possible)

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

The difference is the time it takes for the rectical to close in and aim. Another great feature, which requires you to at least kneel down and wait a second before snapping off a shot.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

it WAS a limb shot!

If you remember, the .5 rifles were bugged, and didnt have hit specific damages. you could shoot a guy in the toe and he'd die. They fixed this, so now in you shoot a guy in the toe, he just looses 80% of his health. Garand is better then a k98 because it's semi auto. (but all semi autos are slighlty more innacurate and have a bit more kick)

They ARN'T .5 rifles, so get over it. learn to kill people with the .6 rifles and youl love them.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Dancing JesusAll I'm trying to say is that the rifles got less powerful.

Are you a f*cking moron? One of the Devs just told you that the rifle power code has not been touched! Stop trying to back out of it! You hit the guy's arm! Nuff said! Hell maybe the server hiccupped and it didn't register a hit but your computer showed you one.

Get over it!