4Fingers

GF makes me horny

50 XP

7th February 2004

0 Uploads

109 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Hi, I've just played the normal battlefield again and was on the Guadalcanal map.Well,my opinion is that the map could look more realistic,just like a lots of other maps on the normal BF1942. I mean,everybody who has already seen the ForgottenHope Omaha Beach Map knows what I mean.That's what I call realistic! Just like Omaha,I hope that the FH Team can redo the Guadalcanal map and make it look just as realistic like Omaha. Because the normal Guadalcanal map in BF1942 hasn't got any Jungle-parts or I haven't seen any high grass either. So what can we expect of the new FH Guadalcanal map? Greetz

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Not much atm, because Dime was busy working on Wake and Iwo Jima, and some new Pac maps, Guadalcanal only has some small changes atm.

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Well, based on what I saw, the new Omaha Beach map isn´t exactly a realistic remake. It looks a bit like the map featured in MoH:AA. Cpt. Reynolds and his team are working on a realistic reamke of Omaha Beach. But the maps are so big, that they are toatlly unplayble and not much fun at all (maybe with 64 players). But I think its good, because playability is far more important than realism, especially on Omaha Beach. And the map looks darn cool. About Guandacanal: Well, it was THE firecest battle in the Pacific and so I think what DICE amde of it is rather poor. It deserves alot more attention for what it is. I mean the Island was huge, so maybe you can just focus on sigualr battles...

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for taking an interest in Guadalcanal. I have thought about these things do not get me wrong. While I would like to update Guadalcanal very much, I do not see it slated for a major overhaul in 0.6 or 0.7. And you are right, to do it justice, it would seem we'd need to break up the campaign into individual battles instead of the free-for-all it is now.

I do see it as a great campaign for any mappers out there that would want to contribute an original map. With the things being developed for the Pacific, much more is possible.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Well like many of the people on these boards, I have a favorite theatre I'd like to see developed. And for me; it's the Pacific. I had family that fought at Iwo Jima and Tarawa, and another who was at Pearl Harbor. Not to mention I love the US Marine Corps. So, yes, I'd love to see Guadalcanal get more attention. But I can bide my time. I'm excited about all the new things that are coming from the Pacific shores guys.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

I had family that faught in the pasific (iwojima on a ship that was famous for being torpedoed and still made it back to base, midway)and others in germany (442), i had a thread like that, but on topic i would also like to see the pasific more developed and also like Random church likeing what pasific shores is bringong to the table! :)

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
silent assassinI had family that faught in the pasific (iwojima on a ship that was famous for being torpedoed and still made it back to base, midway)and others in germany (442), i had a thread like that, but on topic i would also like to see the pasific more developed and also like Random church likeing what pasific shores is bringong to the table! :)

That's rather funny, seeing as how you can't even spell 'pacific' correctly...

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
silent assassinI had family that faught in the pasific (iwojima on a ship that was famous for being torpedoed and still made it back to base, midway)and others in germany (442), i had a thread like that, but on topic i would also like to see the pasific more developed and also like Random church likeing what pasific shores is bringong to the table! :)

hehe, my grandad was in El Al, Cassino and pretty much all over Africa and Italy fighting the Italians/Afrika corps. Hes told me some good stories too :nodding:

On Topic: I love Guadalcanal, and its nowere near as accurate as it should have been, one of the top priorties for 0.7 would be to re-make that map, it has so much potential to be an awesome campain. but the DiCE goes and screws it up.

Dime_a_Dozen

FH Dev Team Member

50 XP

1st January 2003

0 Uploads

324 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Did someone say Tarawa? Hmmm *coughzeropointsevencough*

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

216,839 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

19,998 Posts

6 Threads

#10 14 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']That's rather funny, seeing as how you can't even spell 'pacific' correctly...

Just had the impression these forums got more friendly in the last days. Seems I was wrong.

More on topic; I'd also like to see a bit more about the pacific. I liked to watch this TV-show as a child, don't know the english name (something with black sheep?), about a squadron of Corsair-pilots in that theatre :) Anyone remember it?