MBase

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

Sempai Thanks for your help!! Much appreciated m8!!

Sadly it seems not the solution for my problem, my heart is starting to pump faster because......... but no this is just a small problem which can be solved quick... I hope...

I just renamed the file to the official name : "fh-release0.6-via-donkey-pass.rar.torrent" and then runned it to see what happened. Well Azureus started up and tried to do something with the file but then stopped functioning, I had to terminate the program with taskmanager. What can be the problem here??? I really hope that somebody of you can help me because I want to meet you all tonight in Berlin or Omaha or the Outskirts of... or, or, or,....

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

Install Zipgenius (or another RAR compatible prog) , open Azureus , go to FH....... , click files , then your compressingprogram should open , when clicking on one of the 4 files you'll be promted for the password.

If not , guess your in for another download. You did use the torrent posted on the FH homepage ??

Sgt. DinkyDuck

Addicted to GF

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

267 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

i downloaded powerarchiver 2003 from www.download.com, it will try to open file, but ask for the password.

MBase

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

Sorry for spamming the forum but I'm al ittle panicking now... hèhè...

Í just did what you said Sempai and when I opened Azureus the program started imediatley with downloading the FH file??? ( hrs to go.... cry....)

I think I have to stop with this Bit torrent stuff and do it the way which suits me the best.... The n00b proof thing.... bit torrent is a leaque too high for me.... See you guys hopefully tomorrow(sunday) at the battlefields then!!

Edit: Sempai I used the link from the forum, I think that's the same?

Edit2 tnx Sgt trying it now I'll keep you informed about the results!

SuperEric

one bad mamma jamma

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

32 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

Like sempai said, make sure you have a program installed that can unzip a .RAR file (like WinRAR). Then make sure you try to open the file with the little book icons next to it. When you download with Azureus it makes a dummy file with a .torrent extension, and then the real file with a .RAR extension. Make sure you're trying to open the .RAR file. If this doesn't work then I'm sorry but I guess it's time to sit in line at Fileplanet :(

MBase

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

105 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

Thanks for all the help guys!! Very much appreciated!!! Sadly there isn't a solution for this I guess. I tried all the programs mentioned and it seems that the RAR file isn't been made. I see a bittorrent file and I see a unknown file which is the same size as the bittorrent. Maybe something went wrong with downloading it the first place... It was my first bittorrent download.....

EDIT It seems to work here..!!! Just renamed the file again, tried it to open with Powerarchiver but I got an error, then tried it again with winrar and guess what!!! It asked me for a password: Forgotten Hope 0.6 Install 1 of 2. exe...... It looks good now!!!!