Stuka_Geschwader

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

2nd February 2004

0 Uploads

48 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

Alright I'm off to bed as well, thanks for your time everyone. Have a good night.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago
Stuka_GeschwaderHeh, like anyone cares lol. Anyway I am looking forward to the 15th and I was playing FH to get in the mood of the game again. I was in WOLF server which is where I always used to play. I HATE THE ADMIN THERE! My name is {SS}Spiel+Ein+Spiel{SS} and I have had no problem in the past five months of using it, and if any of you truly find it offensive I shall change it. Anyway I was happily sniping with my G43sniper in Orel when this admin named Peacekeeper says "Spiel change your name or be banned." Now I could've let this slide but I felt I needed to defend myself because I have used the name for many months without problem anywhere. I responded why and he stated it was "offensive." I said that we were playing a game with Swastikas on flags and on Korsun there is the SS emblem on their helmets. The thick headed admin stated that I was now going to be banned, which I am now, and the rest of the people in the server labled me a tard for not complying to such an absurd request. Now am I the only one who finds injustice in this????? Thanks for reading!

I was there lol so damn funny should have just changed ur name , peasekeeper was tryin to help lol funny

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago
striderx2048who doesnt

me, it's an us-based server, so bad ping :D better question: "which american doesn't" ;)

JohnnyKnoxville

I'm not from here

50 XP

15th August 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago
Stuka_GeschwaderAnyway I was happily sniping with my G43sniper in Orel when this admin named Peacekeeper says "Spiel change your name or be banned."

And that is where you should have complied - then all would have been well.

Simply put, people expect our server to be adminned, which we try to do. We know we can not even remotely admin it 24/7, but we try our best. So if an admin is trying to keep the game clean, please understand it, or leave - your choice.

We are aware that the mod has nazi symbols, but using it in your name (which you can easily change ingame) is a completely different story - and IMHO not necessary, nor does it help to keep the server clean. We ask players who use racist language to stop, we ask other offensive names to be changed, and yours just fell under that category. It mostly helps keep flaming down, because in my approx. 18 months of admining on BF servers offensive names have often caused quite a stir on a server. As an example: would you find a name with "KKK" in it okay? No? I thought so... ;)

So respect the admins decision please. In the end I guess most of you will agree that this is why our FH server is one of the most popular servers out there - we don't just have an "everything goes" attitude, we try to make the games fun.

Also, do as Wipeout (and the server MOTD and the ingame auto-messages) says: sign up on our site and post in our forums if you have complaints/suggestions/just want to talk. This will also allow you to hop on Teamspeak with us, which will increase your gaming fun even more.

So, have fun everyone.

Stuka, I do not have the full details of your chat conversations, nor am I sure atm for how long you are banned. I hope our posts here shed some light on the story. If you think you can accept that and want back on the server, post on our forums and we'll probably be able to do something about that ban.

Greetz, JohnnyKnoxville, WOLF Site Admin

lumpeh

FH Groupie

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

1,174 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Its a private server hence you follow their rules or leave. Free speech doesn't apply there.

[WOLF]Wipeout

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago
lumpehIts a private server hence you follow their rules or leave.

Exactly. Nicely put Johnny, i was getting at that just that i am not a man of many words....

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#40 15 years ago
sturmklingeme, it's an us-based server, so bad ping :D better question: "which american doesn't" ;)

I agree it is a great server and all, but I'll rather play on the frag the net server and recently the okgw one, they're both german which is close to where I live. Not the huge battles, although okgw has a 40 slot server, but still nice ones. Btw. I wish I could join that regenbogenkaempfer server which has 0.58 running on it!:)