A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#81 15 years ago

wow

And there will always be those out there who will idealize the Nazis no matter what. I can understand the laws in Germany

*cough xXTRXx cough* j/k jk jk jk jk

GI_JOEjk

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

142 Posts

0 Threads

#82 15 years ago

My thoughts...

I do want the "NAZI" patch. With that said, I am not one of their supporters. In fact my grandfather and other relatives fought the Germans in WWII as partisans, and I heard a lot of real nasty stories.. But, we can not change history. And there will always be those out there who will idealize the Nazis no matter what. I can understand the laws in Germany, but even if they changed the anti NAZI laws tomorrow, I don't believe that the German people would metamorph back into NAZIS. BTW, lets not forget the Japanese army and what they did in WWII (China).......

I hope I made sense :uhm:

Lt. Hanley

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#83 15 years ago

For all those who said the accuracy patch isn't needed, that's not the point. The point is that they promised us an uncensored version. I expect them to keep their word. It's half assed and unresponsible if they back out and don't release one, which is worse than just coming out and saying they won't ever put in the accurate flags and markings ever again (which I sincerely hopes never happens. If it does, at least there are other ww2 mods out there). And you have to admit, it's pretty gay seeing those default flags back in.

Snipemare

WW II Reenactor

50 XP

20th September 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#84 15 years ago

F**K political correctness. Stop giving in to people whos only cause in life is to change history to suit them. If you have a "REALISM" mod it should include swastikas and what ever else. If you go around worrying about hurting peoples feelings all the time you would have to live in a cave. I do understand that it is banned in Germany and I REALLY understand why. But the rest of us like historical accuracy.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#85 15 years ago

make your own patch then... take the files rfa thme name the rfa texture_001.rfa place it in achives ...

Lt. Hanley

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

23rd November 2003

0 Uploads

58 Posts

0 Threads

#86 15 years ago

We shouldn't have to make our own when we've been told there would be an uncensored version.

urseus

|LAB|urseus²

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

263 Posts

0 Threads

#87 15 years ago

I really miss the swastica on the mini map and the rising sun. Just, release it. If anything it will cut down spam on the board. You seemed to have it already made before the release, are you holding it back for shits and giggles?

dvdwildsau

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th March 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#88 15 years ago

is the download (FH 0.6) from bf1942files.com now uncut??

Are now all Nazi Symbols included?

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#89 15 years ago

Crossposting, sorry.

Quote from "Finnish stuff" -thread at Suggestions area..

This was the most appropriate existing topic I could find, conserning the following issue..

What the hell has happened to Finnish insignia on vehicles!? I just played Karelia, and there were no symbols or markings whatsoever on Finnish vehicles! The Finnish swastika has NOTHING to do with nazism. Goddamn. That was the last bit of Finnish there was even left on "Finnish" troops in the mod, despite the flag. At least the vehicles were correct.. Damn, you might aswell remove the whole country from the mod. Currently it's a discrace to Finnish troops. I know it's just a game, but removing those symbols is the same as directly linking Finland to Nazism. Finland was using the symbol before the NAZI party was found, and has in no way any links to it, he who believes otherwise is a fool.

I damn well understand that nazi party's swastikas defy german laws (or do they even, on historical purposes?), but Finnish!? If someone links them to Nazi partys equivalents, he damn sure needs to take some additional history lessons.

Maybe someone should take a peek at this page http://www.sodatkuvina.cjb.net/hakaristi.htm.

We really need that historical accuracy patch..

[CDC]Greywolf1

All my points are in the bank!

50 XP

2nd March 2004

0 Uploads

201 Posts

0 Threads

#90 15 years ago

Yes and the Finnish swastikas were only on Finnish planes, the swatikas on Finnish vehicles were even shaped different.