pheeph

A Lagomorphic Over-achiever

50 XP

16th March 2003

0 Uploads

298 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

With all those vehicles and such, I'm beginning to wonder how much hard drive space this mod is going to take up.

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Well we have alphas with >500 MBs! a full FH install with all vehicles textures weapons and maps will be around 1 Gig I think :)

I guess it will decrease when we rfa all the stuff but it will definitely be one of the biggest mods developed by now.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Quick info: The current version has 667MB, the last one had 560MB, so I think 750MB for the first public version is a good guess.

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

24th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

The alphas we currently have are >500 megs uncompressed (non - rfa) I guess, that if we add the vehicles and stuff we want to have in the first public release it would have 1 Gig. That does not mean that the final beta that we release to the public will have 1 GIG!!!

Maybe we will release small packages (like.. Fhmod Pack1, Pack2 ...) maybe it will be pretty much less MBs when we rfa the beta. Maybe there will be a 100-200 Megs basis Forfotten Hope with constant Updates.

We will see.

But what I've seen until now..

it will be good :rock:

DeathwingPanzer

Tank and Artillery Crewmen

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

49 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Wow... thats a big file... just one question, when is the eta of the release on FH?

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

30th April 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

But since the map contest ends on June 15, I'm thinking they will then send the final product of FH to the beta testers. Then two weeks of Beta testing (which has been mentioned by one of the FH staff)which will end in a release.

So heres my hypothesis: :)

Mid June + 2 weeks beta testing = Somewhere in July release date.

Now this is completely unofficial, but I just got a gut feeling about it. If its to be released sooner than that any FH staff member should feel free to correct me with the appropriate date. ;)

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

It's done when it's done. Perfection takes time ya know ;)