Black_hawk_2

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I really wanted to be on the FH mod team but Im not very good making mods or maps so I looked at the list of the FH team and noticed that their are researchers.... I love WWII and have alot of knowledge on it. How do I join the FH team as a researcher? I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I looked in all of them and couldnt find any appropriate one.

ArminAce

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

21st December 2002

0 Uploads

678 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

hehe right now we have enough resarchers

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Your sig is pretty funny in that Einstein can't correctly spell infinite, while he is talking about stupidity. That "enstein" I tell you what :rolleyes: The team is only being "picky" because they want people on the team who are good at their field. It would be pretty unreasonable to just let in anyone who asks.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

FH already has some pretty good researchers, so no need for more. (you know, you might not actually be like this, but to many people (including me) it will just seem like you want to get your hands on the alpha ;))

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

I own all your researchers in knowledge of the Eastern front. :frog:

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

the team doesnt need any researchers, because they already got the best. US ! yeah, because if they got problems with historical accuracy or blueprints for example, they only need to let the community know their problems, and a short time later they got masses of informations. so why take several people who know something about ww2 into the team, if u can have it so much better/easier ? :)

MG42Maniac

A man of dubious moral fibre

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

3,932 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Researcher is just the easiest way to get the internal betas....

Iggins

King of the Llamas

50 XP

12th July 2003

0 Uploads

83 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

first off i say i need to correct the spelling on my sig

i do under stand the not letting every one who wants to join the team join. cause no one wants to work with a n00b who knows squat about everything. i called them picky because lots of the guys from the ps team deserved a spot on the team and didn't get it. i know i am pretty qualified in the lnowledge of ww2 planes and i would consider it important to the team to know all the info about the planes for a more realilistic quality.

about the alpha i don't care about having it i never even gave it a thought until you mentoned it and i still don't care if i have it or not.

one of the main reason i want to join the team is that i always wanted to be part of something big so i can feel i am important and that my skills are needed by others.

and in my post i did not insult anyone and did not intent to so if i did i apologize.

i was talking to a member of the team i wil not say who because i don't want to bring them into this cause i started it and they don't need to be drug into something if they don't want to.

he said these exact words: "well you are right, it was a rant. but you hijacked his thread which totally changes its meaning. No one likes that."

i replied: "i was going over the forum and read the thread and saw an oppertunity to speak my mind and i spoke my mind."

and if it seems i hijacked this thread i am sorry and didn't intend on doing so but i still stand behide every thing i said

Mange

FH Dev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

183 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

We have plenty of researchers. Heck, we have Taranov and he counts for 10 researchers alone. Plus, most of us modellers and skinners do alot of our own research before tackling a project. There is no way we will pick up any more researchers.

Yes, we are picky. I think that reflects in the quality of the work. However, how is that different than a professionally made game? I mean, they aren't going to hire somone that has sub-par skills or is completely new. So why should we be required to? It isn't anything personal.

If anything, we need a couple more decent coders. That is what we need most.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I smell an opportunity!

*runs off looking for coding tutorials*