Guinny_Ire

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I'm constantly amazed when I read thru the threads the extent of knowledge by the many posters here on the board of firearms, tanks, planes, etc. How many here have actually fired a rifle or a handgun? Any collectors of firearms?

I own and have fired the following WWII rifles. a Russian captured K98 Enfield Jungle Carbine (and it's WWII dated) Mosin Nagant 91/30 (the long rifle). Have 3, two of which are former sniper rifles. Mosin Nagant Model 44. This is the carbine with the folding bayonet. The Russians loved bayonets. MAS 1936 (french rifle) My earliest is dated 1945. MAS 36 were mainly used by German garrison troops in France. Berthiers and Lebels were still more prevalent for the bolt guns. Romanian contract Beretta 1934.

I will be building an 1919A6 (chambered in .308). Hope to have this done later this year or early next year. Also building a FAL rifle which will be done in the next 2 months for you older European guys.

My favorite overall is my MAS 36. A real tackdriver and a great rifle. Not pretty but they grow on you. Also liked my 91/30s alot. I've shot the Jungle Carbine and the K98 once. Enjoyed both immensely. Not a big fan of the Mosin 44. Kicks hard and shooting was spotty. rifle doesn't like the ammo.

The kick on all of them is about the same. A little harder on the model 44 and the Jungle Carbine.

The beretta is a pop gun, heavy in the hand and shoots nice. spring broke so it's out of commission til I replace it. If it hasn't been modeled and someone wants some pics and dimensions let me know.

So who here has fired a weapon, particularly WWII vintage, what was it, did you enjoy it etc.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Me, a K98 which I own. (CE 1941 dated Luftwaffe issue :naughty: ) As far as WWII arms are concerned anyways. My friend has some others which I'll be firing off this spring at the range. :smokin:

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Nothing bigger than .22.

Guinny_Ire

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

Has it been sporterized? (please say no)

Lt.Smith

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

i have shot quite a few ww2 rifles and i no this mite sound ignorant but i think i liked the garand the best overall enjoyment to fire

i also liked shooting the tommy gun but full autos are always fun

and sry i didnt go into detail i honestly dont remember them all

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Hello, offtopic, please move. Haven't fired a gun (well, only an air-pressured one).

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Just a .22 rifle that I own and once, a long time ago, I fired a pistol (might have been a glock, not sure).

AegenemmnoN VIP Member

The cream of the crop

228,590 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

21,534 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

ive fired some BB guns.. a few rifles.. cheap ass .22.s :(

i really like target practice. it helps with eyesight an such.

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I fired a REALLY old bolt action .22. The kind you have to cock. (which, I've been told, proves it's old). It was years ago, though.

Aside from that, paintball guns and water guns mostly. :) I'm deadly with a super soaker! :)

Guinny_Ire

I post to get attention

50 XP

12th December 2002

0 Uploads

59 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Haven't fired a garand. May purchase one later this year thru the CMP program. Found out my C&R license qualifies for the shooting requirements.

I'm 37 yrs old (yeah you still play video games at that age just not as much as you guys lol). With the abundance of WWII games and first shooter games, the degree of realism and gore (not BF so much) that you'll find in games, I was just interested to see who here actually has experience with a firearm.