Akula971

Pain is a sensation. Enjoy it

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

941 Posts

0 Threads

#81 16 years ago
mustn't grumbleEx Redcap here too! I would guess your service was before mine as we had phased out Sterlings when I joined! Where did you serve?

I was, I have to admit a "cardboard cutout" (TAVR) as Staff S. Short used to call us..LOL. Was a member of 252 Company. Trained at Crowbourgh. Headquarters at Norton.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#82 16 years ago
Akula971I was, I have to admit a "cardboard cutout" (TAVR) as Staff S. Short used to call us..LOL. Was a member of 252 Company. Trained at Crowbourgh. Headquarters at Norton.

I always wondered about something....( sorry for going OT )

We, as a dutch military police, but also civillian police organisation did not have to answer to military officers of whatever rank. Only to our own organisation ranking officers, who were ofcourse also policemen.

We did not have to salute military officers neither. Being sent to foreign countries, for policing duties, that often offended and confused other countries military officers, wich apperently expected otherwise.

I even saw US military police being ordered by common army officers, wich seemed very strange to us too.

When you have to answer to common military officers, what do you do when they are speeding, are drunk or commit other offences ? My function came with a sergeant rank, it would be impossible to deal with offending military officers if military ranks apply.

I once caught a French Colonel speeding in egypt demilitarized zone in Sinai desert......no matter his protest, he even used liasons connections between members of that peace force but he did get a fine, and had to pay it.....

How was that in the UK, i never saw UK military police ?

Griefmaker

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

33 Posts

0 Threads

#83 16 years ago

Havn't fired any WW2 weapons(soon to me changed im looking for a MG42) But i have fired a Magnum44 which left a nice inprint in my hand:) And an ex boar war rifle which kicked like a bitch! You fired then waited, then ping you hit the target, so slow so much kick back.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#84 16 years ago
GriefmakerHavn't fired any WW2 weapons(soon to me changed im looking for a MG42) But i have fired a Magnum44 which left a nice inprint in my hand:) And an ex boar war rifle which kicked like a bitch! You fired then waited, then ping you hit the target, so slow so much kick back.

I rather would like to test an FG42 model 3.

Freak Show 42

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#85 16 years ago

I own and have fired many guns. As far as WWII is concered, I have a Colt and 2 .30-06 caliber Browning rifles (1 semi, 1 bolt). Ialso have various other rifles, pistols and shotguns that do not pertain to WWII.

Von_Rundstedt

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#86 16 years ago

Have fired a variety of guns, most notably the MG-3 and the AG-3. Did my 12 months of military service with the norwegian recon forces. Some pics and stuff under the oppklaringsskvadronen link:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Norway/Default.html

Von Rundstedt

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#87 16 years ago

Von_RundstedtHave fired a variety of guns, most notably the MG-3 and the AG-3. Did my 12 months of military service with the norwegian recon forces. Some pics and stuff under the oppklaringsskvadronen link:

http://www.specialoperations.com/Foreign/Norway/Default.html

Von Rundstedt

Jesus that looks very heavy:

SC6-9.gif

Dee-Jaý

Always 1 point ahead of you

50 XP

17th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,694 Posts

0 Threads

#88 16 years ago
Invalid CrashI live in Texas, I think thats all that needs to be said. :cheers:

Does that mean you get to fire the artillery ?

mustn't grumble

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#89 16 years ago
When you have to answer to common military officers, what do you do when they are speeding, are drunk or commit other offences ? My function came with a sergeant rank, it would be impossible to deal with offending military officers if military ranks apply.

In theory RMP corporals and lance corporal have the power to arrest military personnel of any rank-(their official status is 'provost' which is conferred by the Queen). In practice any rank above Staff Sgt would be dealt with by an officer of at least Lieutenant rank. RMP do not have the same powers as civilian police (of which I am one now) although the powers of arrest given to police in Britain are so limited they are not much above those given to any citizen!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#90 16 years ago
mustn't grumbleIn theory RMP corporals and lance corporal have the power to arrest military personnel of any rank-(their official status is 'provost' which is conferred by the Queen). In practice any rank above Staff Sgt would be dealt with by an officer of at least Lieutenant rank. RMP do not have the same powers as civilian police (of which I am one now) although the powers of arrest given to police in Britain are so limited they are not much above those given to any citizen!

Tnx....i never fully understood how it worked for diffrent countries.....no wonder foreign military officers had difficulties and a big mouth being fined by a dutch military police sergeant :p