Ivan

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hello! Just came back from a shitty game. The allies constantly outnumbered the Axis (my team) as always on that map: Omaha 1944. Furthermore, the axis had twice as many tickets as the axis, but i realized, the allied tickets don't move besides when you kill one. So how is it humanly possible to win as Axis on that map with half as much tickets as the allies and the allies outnumbering the Axis?

Another interesting thing is, that most people say "I am allied because you have the better positions". But that is not true. The allies have a great assault course and can attack from many directions and easily go round the back to the Arty post up north if only they get to kill the few defenders in the hills. And from then it's just down hill...

Well, just my little nagging. Sorry to sound like a grumpy old man, but it was a really bad game.

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Most maps are unbalanced more or less. The storm is another fine example how impossible it is for Russians to win. It will most likely be sorted in the coming versions.

tinymonkey

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th March 2004

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Last night, I finally won that map as Axis. We won by keeping all the MG's manned, especially the one on the east below the grey flag. Also, we kept someone back at the German main with the tripod MG42 to take out the guys that do the old end around. Still, when Axis wins, it takes forever, because you have to outkill the allies. The easiest way to lose fast if you are Axis is to have people running around down on the beach. That's just nuts.

InsaneJakester

G-UNIT and [11PzG] 4eva WERD!!

50 XP

22nd January 2004

0 Uploads

181 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Originally Posted by D-Fence Most maps are unbalanced more or less. The storm is another fine example how impossible it is for Russians to win. It will most likely be sorted in the coming versions.

Every time i played that i won as russians don''t know what ur talking about

EDIT: see attachment

Kommisar

WAW Tournament Chairman

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

We scrimmed this map over at WAW for several rounds with our dedicated axis and allied divisions with a full server thoughout. Both sides were organized and using teamspeak to coordinate. Allies ended up winning 3 of the 4 rounds. The interesting point was that in all but one of their victories, the allies won the rounds without getting off the beach at all. They won by kill tickets from fighting below the bunkers. They found out that they had enough tickets to take 2 to 1 casualties or so and still win by kill tickets. And in all rounds but the first (where the axis were disorganized) cases, the axis held the upper areas with an iron fist. If the allies took the bunkers, ruthless use of the artillery and flak88 pounded them back onto the beach.

Eventually, we went in and reduced the allies starting tickets a bit (can't remember how much off the top of my head) and that seemed to balance it out a bit more. Seem to make the allies need to take and hold the upper flags a lot more than before.

But it did show that if a coordinated axis defense was in place using ExPacks, MGs/SMGs in the bunkers and artillery if those fail could hold those bunkers really well.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I think with adding further equipment, which fits in historically, replacing flags and spawnpoints, readjusting tickets, etc. those maps will be balanced sooner or later.

Uncle_Sam

Pass me a Lucky Strike...

50 XP

23rd December 2003

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

To win as Axis you simply must do it the way the Germans really tried. You have to keep them on the beach. It isn't that difficult with all the MG's manned and officers in the pillboxs to call out artillery. Once they get a foothold, thing will go downhill fast for the axis. Just keep em pinned down!!

Snorelax

Fat, Lazy, Misspelled Pokemon

50 XP

13th February 2004

0 Uploads

41 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

Keep eight of the ten machineguns manned (The six bunker guns and the two guns overlooking the grey flag). Then stick two guys at the top of each breachable bunker, and add a couple guys watching the path into the grey flag. Should be rather difficult to get through as each guy is capable of getting several kills per death as long as none of them are overly exposed.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

19th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Another key to the Axis winning is that one sniper (G43 rifle) kit. think about it...I played Omaha once with this one guy who was sniper for most of the time, he'd call arty (yeah, very rare for a sniper :D ) and snipe at any hidden riflemen that kept shooting at the pillbox MG'ers. In the end it worked, and that kit is key for an Axis victory. But this still doesnt mean that axis should leave ANY Mg's unmanned, and stay off the beach...

...with a little teamwork, and maybe a lot of luck...any unballenced map can be made fair in FH ;)

Ivan

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
Kommisar But it did show that if a coordinated axis defense was in place using ExPacks, MGs/SMGs in the bunkers and artillery if those fail could hold those bunkers really well.

Hmm yeah, i agree with that, the problem is just, that how often do we see coordinated play at all, on a pub? The only thing i hate most is, that as soon as Allies get pinned down on the beach, eventually the allied team will grow bigger, because it is "unfair" for them, and so they have won.