The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

PeteyThe FH map is correct.

Alaska was purchased from Russia for 7.2 million dollars by William H. Seward on March 30, 1876. The Aleutain Islands are also considered part of Alaska.

Heres my proof: http://kodiakisland.net/timeline.html

ya...the aleutians is just the name given to that group of islands...

is kind of like how Long Island is apart of New York state...Hawaii was a US state during Pearl Harbor...and since that was the 50th state it obviously means the US had Alaska before WWII...

the creator of this thread isn't very intelligent... ;) ...heh

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

well if you look closely he is from Germany. You cant expect him to know everything about US geography.

edit: hmmm, my above post is misleading. I was asking how fragger could make this big of a mistake. now that I look at his location I understand.

Lt. Buck Compton

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

4 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

Er...... Alaska and Hawaii didn't become states until 1959 or thereabouts. Heh, brings to mind the Dec. 8, 1941 front page in the Onion's Our Dumb Century:

DASTARDLY JAPS ATTACK COLONIALLY OCCUPIED U.S. NON-STATE / Congress Declares War After Sneak Attack on U.S. Imperial Holding / FDR: 'We Conquered the Hawaiians First'

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

lol!!!!!!!!

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

Yes...wonder why there are only 48 stars on the ww2 flag??

But they were under american control... Gotta love those p-38's in the aluetians.

SensesFail

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

112 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

raslinYes...wonder why there are only 48 stars on the ww2 flag??

But they were under american control... Gotta love those p-38's in the aluetians.

heh...good point about them not being states...goes to show how much I pay attention...heh... :naughty:

anywho...I wonder why Hawaii became a state and not the other occupied territories like Puerto Rico??? heh...or is that a territory yet to become a state... :D ...(probably not)

Domingo Chavez

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

15 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

And Europeans complain about Americans not knowing more about them. :p

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

Puerto Rico's a state... isn't it? *Droool*

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago
Domingo ChavezAnd Europeans complain about Americans not knowing more about them. :p

The alaskan pruchase was part of my elemtary school history class so most people probably do know. The ones that doesn't are the ones that sleep in history class.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago

Lt. Buck ComptonEr...... Alaska and Hawaii didn't become states until 1959 or thereabouts. Heh, brings to mind the Dec. 8, 1941 front page in the Onion's Our Dumb Century:

DASTARDLY JAPS ATTACK COLONIALLY OCCUPIED U.S. NON-STATE / Congress Declares War After Sneak Attack on U.S. Imperial Holding / FDR: 'We Conquered the Hawaiians First'

man i think your sig is to big in sice you know that there are 56kers here to ??