Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

Yep and if you have a low end pc (like myself) you might also wanna checkout the new 1.0 optimization guide in the DoD forums. Also some people are experiencing problems that maps won't load on certain servers Lightning for example has this problem too. My only problem with DoD 1.0 at the moment is 1. my low fps & 2. the game crashes very often :confused:

Uber Soldat

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

13 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

This really sucks. I waited 12 hours for the thing to download on a 56k modem and it doesnt work. I really hope i get my DSL soon.

I will just buy the retail version when it comes out.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago
Originally posted by Coolguy Yep and if you have a low end pc (like myself) you might also wanna checkout the new 1.0 optimization guide in the DoD forums. Also some people are experiencing problems that maps won't load on certain servers Lightning for example has this problem too. My only problem with DoD 1.0 at the moment is 1. my low fps & 2. the game crashes very often :confused:

i also have low fps and i have a good computer.. and the game chrashes some times to.. but that happens with other hl mods....

SenorDingDong

GF makes me horny

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

77 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

well after playing for 2 days, your right about the crashing. Ive crashed 3 times, always at the end when the map is finished loading.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

In a way it also has to do with XP and HL not mixing well.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

I use W98SE, after playing 3 maps the game crashes, if I then try and re-open it I just get a black screen and my whole pc locks up and sometimes it just reboots out of itself while playing DoD! :eek:

And I don't have these problems with other HL mods :uhm:

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

Coolguy how is it that you have a computer that can run BF but gets low FPS on DoD?

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

Originally posted by Coolguy I use W98SE, after playing 3 maps the game crashes, if I then try and re-open it I just get a black screen and my whole pc locks up and sometimes it just reboots out of itself while playing DoD! :eek: And I don't have these problems with other HL mods :uhm:

k... then its not the same problem that i have :uhm:

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#29 15 years ago
Originally posted by Maximus Coolguy how is it that you have a computer that can run BF but gets low FPS on DoD?

I dunno, I can play BF1942 with a minimum of 20fps on 64 player servers, and normally always 40fps in regular games.

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#30 15 years ago

You gotta enable 32 bit textures.

Just open the shortcut for DOD and type in

-32bpp

That should make the game run smoother.

One thing that does bother me is how much they are making the game look like MOH:AA... Thank god the weapons are still basically as lethal and easy to use.