Artie

CCCP

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I posted this in the suggestions forum, but I haven't gotten any replies or opinions from FH team members. I want to see if the devs can try to make this happen...

Ski troops were a major part of many Soviet/German and Western European winter battles and I think they would be great additions to winter maps such as Valirisk, Kharkov Winter, and the Battle of the Bulge. Skis would be found in kits around the map and would give foot soldiers some much needed speed and manueverability.

skipostr.jpgCOCamphaleSkiFormation.jpg

Ebolinux

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

18th April 2003

0 Uploads

17 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Very nice idea.. but I think they would need a SDK for that to happen

ebolinux

[TC|N00bey

GF makes me horny

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

I don't think it can be implemented..I mean.as it would be a bitch to disable jumping.. Can't wait for that "ski apc" with a huge propeller in the back.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

well the skis could be a vehicle, and if the animation tool comes out, it might be possible to have the player ski around without using their gun (its a vehicle, after all).

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

very very very very old idea ....

Skorz

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

452 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Finnish ski troops... }>

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Yeah, if you make skis, you definitely have to give them to Finns, because the Finnish troops really DID use skis extensively. Us Finns own at cross-country. :D

CMSGT Johnson

I need an Enola Gay,can I?...

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

244 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
okiNYeah, if you make skis, you definitely have to give them to Finns, because the Finnish troops really DID use skis extensively. Us Finns own at cross-country. :D

Hey maybe it CAN be done without an SDK! 1st off make it a deployable vehicle, then you hit 'E' to enter the skis. Now heres the deal, you control the direction with the 'A and D' buttons, your left mouse button is the 'thrust' (moves your ski poles, also its automatic, you dont have to click constantly). The right mouse button could be a 'jump' button. Then you could set the traction functions and such to make the skis behave right. Think this would work? Im no coder, but Ive seen the jetpacks done in this simular way b4.