Von_Rundstedt

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

46 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Could someone give me a quick low down on the damagesystem that FH mod is gonna use for infantry vs infantry ? I thought I already knew but I read in a thread at BF1942.com that you're hardly changing the damagevalues, and although I find that hard to believe I'd still like to be sure that you're changing it towards realism.

Also I hope the team keeps in mind the many many requests for "infantry vs infantry only" maps, you should consider making a few of those.

Von Rundstedt

Red Dwarf UK

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

29th April 2003

0 Uploads

26 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I guess it isnt possible unless you have the SDK but I would love to see the damage involve the Medic more.

It would be great to keep the damage roughly the same, but the more you get hit the slower you get and your shooting accuracy gets worse. When you go under a certain ammount of health the other player gets the point but you lay on the floor and cant move for a certain ammount of time.

Then a medic would have to come and heal you for you to move again. If a medic didnt reach you in X time you die and wait for respawn.

This I think would make the medic more of a team player.

On the downside you would get sick and tired of "MEDIC!!" :)

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Don't trust anything you hear about the damagesystem, not even the team knows exactly what's happening there. Hades has done a superb job on collecting a lot of physical data on every single handweapon used in FH, and now I'm working to get this data transfered into BF. We will have everything as realistic as possible, at least until we betatest everything. During betatests it COULD happen that we decide to turn realism down a little bit, but until then, everything will be realistic only.

General FUp

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

200 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

That's a good advice: only trust things that come directly from the FH mod team :) Unless it's 1st of April :rolleyes:

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Rifle shots from point blank range will be fatal, from longe ranges you'll be alive but barely

Originally posted by General FUp That's a good advice: only trust things that come directly from the FH mod team :) Unless it's 1st of April :rolleyes:

Yeah :lol:

Kunzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

I neither don't know if it is possible with the bf engine nor if you guy's like the idea but i've just recently checked ou the "Return to Castle Wolfenstein-Enemy Territory" MP Demo and i really digged the medic role in that game.Unless you got completly smashed by an Grenade,Bazooka or whatever you're just lying on the Ground and can be "revived" by a medic within 30sec from the time you hit the ground.You are basically back on your feet with little health but at least you don't have to respawn.

Let's say a Soldier has 17 Hitpoints,he would be lying on the ground when he reaches 15 points damage but could be revived by a medic within a certain amount of time unless he reaches 18 Points through another hit.

Anyway....just a thought ;)

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I'd love to see that, and we had such Ideas before...

But unfortunatly... it's impossible... If it WAS it would be ingame ^^

Kunzz

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

I feared to hear that answer :)

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

or...is it!?!?

Vehicles have dfferent effects the lower life it gets...possible to add to a human? dont say no till you try it...

Vanthem

Medic With A Baseball Bat

50 XP

10th August 2002

0 Uploads

2,151 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

[COLOR=burlywood]That medic system is also in plain old Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Kunzz. Pretty much like he said, you get 'wounded' when you're health drops to 0. A medic has needles which he can revive wounded teammates with. They're revived with a relatively low amount of health but are back in the battle. Depending on the settings the server has chosen, you'll lay wounded for a little while and then eventually die if a medic doesn't come to help (which puts you back into the spawn queue). Great system and a lot of fun in Wolfenstein, but I don't know that I'd want to see the same thing in Battlefield. 'Course, I don't know that I wouldn't either. :p [/COLOR]