Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#31 15 years ago
jmrwacko1. why would you want BARS that shoot down planes, you noob :D 2. US did not have garands on Wake Island, they had Springfield rifles. For now they are replaced by No. 4s. 3. FH team is getting jap weapons for upcoming versions, right now the K98 and other german weapons are place holders. The No. 4 for the russians is also a place holder.

I guess I had some facts wrong then.. As for BARs shooting down planes, well, there's hardly any good AA for allied troops that can hit something like a FW190 (fast), and the German MGs are great for gunning down planes. I dont think in terms of realism, I think in terms of game balance. <-- not a noob.

RandomChurch

Reaching out and touching you

50 XP

23rd September 2003

0 Uploads

145 Posts

0 Threads

#32 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']I guess I had some facts wrong then.. As for BARs shooting down planes, well, there's hardly any good AA for allied troops that can hit something like a FW190 (fast), and the German MGs are great for gunning down planes. I dont think in terms of realism, I think in terms of game balance. <-- not a noob.

Thats cause the MG42 and 34 were often mounted in a way that they could be used in an AA role.

Anyways, I like that there's no selectable sniper class. Everytime I played regular BF there was a thousand snipers, and they all sucked. I love that in DoD, when bastards take the sniper classes and suck at it but want to be cool like PFC Jackson or Vassili Zaitzev or some shit..

As for weapon diversity. Ill be happy when all the countries get the weapons they're actually sposed to be using... once that happens Im good to go. Although Id like to see the Vickers for the Brits. Most especially in mounted MG positions, cause the Bren is terrible for suppressing fire seeing as how you have to reload after 20 rounds. I'd like to see the Carbine more, the grease gun here and there, and definitely the garand. I suppose thatll be a lot better once 1.5 comes out.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#33 15 years ago

FryaDuckWhere do I start;

The BAR was used by Germany, chambered in 7.92mm, and produced in Poland in 1940.

"Used by germany"? Why should they do that, when they had their excellent MG34? And how did the BAR managed to get a common weapon in the US Army if it was produced in Poland after its defeat? Are we talking about the same war here?

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#34 15 years ago

The poles had an license to produce a copy of BAR called wz.28 rkm.jpg

Coolguy

&#31070; & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#35 15 years ago

And already done by Ammacan for the Poles ;)

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#36 15 years ago

just have to say W00T!

Big {Daddy}

Get in!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,708 Posts

0 Threads

#37 15 years ago

To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing everyone start as assault, having to pickup kits as they see fit. Each flag could have a variety of weapons available.

Chickenonastick

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st May 2003

0 Uploads

258 Posts

0 Threads

#38 15 years ago

Have a localized place for putting 'pick-up' kits would be grand. Each map should have a munitions depot or barracks (or whatever fits both reason and the map) where soldiers can go to find equipment to see whats available class-wise.

Hiding kits in maps is kind of odd. If your lucky, then someone on a team will find the kit to use it to the team's advantage. Honestly it doesn't fit the realism theme, but makes the mod similar to SW. When squads of men were sent out to fight, they didn't have to try to find them on the Battlefield (unless they were russian), but were supplied before they were sent to encounter the enemy.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#39 15 years ago

Yeh, a weapons depot would totally kickass. Just rife with pickups.

I say make the engineer class a spawnable kit, because right now, its making the assualt class redundant, and realisticly, 2/3rds of an army were NOT combat engineers.

Class system should contain fighting classes only, no specialized troops (close combat, assualt, support, and perhaps AT)

Specialized kits should be housed in an armoury for pickup by those who want to use them. (sniper, engineer, deployable MG, perhaps AT, medic, officer and any other specialized classes to be added)

I think it could add alot to the game, as most of the specialized classes will only spawn at the main base, so forces holding flags will have to wait for renforcements. Much like how it is with vehicals now.