Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I've just been reading the BF:Vietnam interview at http://www.bfgamer.net/modules/freecontent/index.php?id=57 and noticed a very interesting question.

Mausen :

Given then the copyright and trademarks, would you allow a mod team to do this?, go ahead and say "We're creating this mod team now, our aim is to convert the Battlefield 1942 maps to the new game"?

A.J. Marini :

Yeah, I mean, copyrights and so and so forth, only come to play when you're talking about sales. If you plan to profit of it in some ways, we're going to have some objection to that. If you're just a fan, and want to convert it, do the work, I mean, we can't stop you from doing something that doesn't gain you any income, if people are profitting off of our work, ok, then we have to have some sort of say in that, to protect our interests. But if it's just enthusiasm, no reason.

So, it seems Dice won't have a problem with mods such as FH, BG, and XWW2 porting the required content from 42 to Vietnam, could also mean a BF42 mod for Vietnam with added features and such.

perry07

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

15th February 2004

0 Uploads

6,510 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

cool!

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
Cambocool!

radical even

PanzerAce

Some Guy...

50 XP

11th January 2004

0 Uploads

736 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

EXCEPT, that FH would have to cut a deal with EA, becuase they do infact sell .6 on a DVD, and im sure they make some profit off of it.

Sputty

Master of Kittens

50 XP

13th January 2004

0 Uploads

927 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
PanzerAceEXCEPT, that FH would have to cut a deal with EA, becuase they do infact sell .6 on a DVD, and im sure they make some profit off of it.

I'm pretty sure they're not making profits. they're selling it at a price that will make sure the costs are met.

Hedgemus

I Like Pie!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

284 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Well if they don't have a problem with mods using stuff from Bf1942 in BF:V then I assume they wouldn't have a problem with mods using stuff from RTR or SWOWW2? Hello motorcycles!

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

What else have you expected?

Remember that Battlefield Galactic Conquest mod.

Don´t you think George Lucas would get very very angry if there is no license paid.

Well prolific games does not earn money with the mod (till now), so they needn´t buy any license.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

lucusarts openly supports GC.

Sydog

Proper Rocking

50 XP

6th December 2003

0 Uploads

82 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

non-leaning vespas are in BF:V

The vegetation system would be awsome for the maps, eurpoean and pacific.

CooL™

Your mommy thinks I'm cute. =D

50 XP

13th March 2004

0 Uploads

224 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I really do like to see FH in BF:V's engine, but we can't expect it anytime soon.