Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago
McGibslucusarts openly supports GC.

Nah, I do not think they would invest money to a project other than commercial, which does not bring money.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago

Besides.....how big do you want the first FH Version to BF:V be, if they have to include half (or all) of the models of BF? we are easily around 3 Gigs then....

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
MyxlminxBesides.....how big do you want the first FH Version to BF:V be, if they have to include half (or all) of the models of BF? we are easily around 3 Gigs then....

LOL, my whole BF1942 folder is 7 Gigabyte right now. I do not care about 3 Gig more.

Myxlminx

Fearless Leader

50 XP

4th November 2003

0 Uploads

254 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

And who hosts 3 GB files just for a mod? Besides I don´t think that many of us here are left if we have to wait for another 6 months to the next version...

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
MyxlminxAnd who hosts 3 GB files just for a mod? Besides I don´t think that many of us here are left if we have to wait for another 6 months to the next version...

The FH mod however is not well compressed.

It could be way smaller. I think there are programmes, where you can make 3 Gig to less than 1 Gig, but it will take "ages" to decompress it again.

VioLAtoR[xL]

Retteketet met je Bajonet

50 XP

29th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,075 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
McGibslucusarts openly supports GC.

Yes, and stole the idea to make a new game of it :rolleyes:

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

the_moveThe FH mod however is not well compressed.

It could be way smaller. I think there are programmes, where you can make 3 Gig to less than 1 Gig, but it will take "ages" to decompress it again.

rfas do not compress the files they contain, so big culprits like texture.rfa and map textures are reasons for the large file size, usually.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

? isnt there a way ot compressthem i am sure there wasa RFA creater that had that future it was in DOS ..

Admiral Donutz VIP Member

Wanna go Double Dutch?

735,271 XP

9th December 2003

0 Uploads

71,460 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

Yes indeed. but it was buggie, it would screw your level.rfa's Although heard from ome people that they used rfa with compression on certain files with succes...

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago
judge reinholdrfas do not compress the files they contain, so big culprits like texture.rfa and map textures are reasons for the large file size, usually.

True, but that´s why the whole install file needs to be compressed again.