Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Anubis, founder of the official german FH site www.fhnation.de, had just a interview with FH coder MAjor Hartmann. its in german, but i translatet it for u guys (as good as i can): anubis: what new stuff will we expect to find in 0.6 ? major hartmann: there will be some new maps, vehicles like the b26, inf weapons like the mg34, the complete package of the ex pacific shore mod with e.g. a new japanese tank, mg and a fighter plane, and of course merciless creations. but its too enormous to list the complete stuff. a: when will 0,6 be released ? m.h.: it isnt clear at the moment, but perhaps still this year. a: how big will 0,6 be ? m.h: cant say that a.t.m., because we are still choosing maps. but it will be ca. 200 megs bigger than 0.5 is. a: there will be a zensored version for germans, but will this version be available on cd's in gaming magazines ? m.h: yes, a "german" version will be availabe and we had contact with some magazines, so 0.6 will be available for people with lower bandwith. a: and will u be able to play with that version on servers with the normal version ? m.h: i cant answer that, because its not my job to match these versions, but theoretically there will be no problems. a: ok, and whats the difference between these two versions ? only the skins or more ? m.h: only unconstitutional skins will be replaced, and the flags in the menu of course. a: and whats with sounds and blood animations ? m.h: bloodeffects will be the same as in vanilla bf, but sounds will be unchanged as in the normal version of 0.6. a: will all those vehicles listed on the main page be in 0.6 ? there were only a few in 0.5, but in 0.6 ? for example the trains ? m.h: no comment. a: hehe, then its open to everyone what to interprete in ur answer. but how does it look for the V-weapons ? m.h: there will be no V-weapons in 0.6. a: when will we expect a 1.0 version ? and will it be commercial ? m.h: we are not planning too far in future, we only move from one version to the next. at the moment we are finishing our work on 0.6 and planning 0.7, but not further. a: regarding to 0.5, will the performance be improved ? m.h: partly. many effects and models were overworked. but on the otherside, lags from mass-vehicles especially ships will still exist, because to solve this, we have to change the engine. a: ok, 2004 bf:vietnam will be out and can we expect FH for it, too ? m.h: i think so, because there are some interesting new possibilitys. the conversion will be a bit tricky, but i trust in dice's cooperation like we have it now with bf42. a: and will the version for bf42 still exist near the bf:v version ? m.h: this will be decided when bf:v is available and we can estimate the afford to programm both versions simultanous. if the afford doubels, we have to decide ourselves for one version, but if its simple, i can imagine to have two versions with different features for both games. a: ok, that were all important and interesting questions from myself, but if u have to add something or u want to say something to the fans, so u can do it now. m.h: regardless of the download size or a upcomming delay: FH 0.6 is worth it. the atmoshere, especially the sounds are much better then in 0.5 and there will be some nice surprises, which we will not tell until the release ;) a: ok, thank you for the interview and i wish u and the team in the name of the whole fhnation.de team marry x-mas :) m.h: thanks, for u too :) _____ ok thats all so far, hope u can understand it de to my bad english and hope u had fun reading it ;)

Cochise

click...boom

50 XP

1st December 2003

0 Uploads

286 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the translation...

General Taskeen

FH Betatester

50 XP

24th November 2002

0 Uploads

659 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago
Oberst Topgun a: when will 0,6 be released ? m.h.: it isnt clear at the moment, but perhaps still this year.

:rock:

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

I like everything I hear in that. I was also wondering if FH was going to move to the BF:V engine.

and I know FH is trying to get it out as soon as posible. It will be out when it will be out.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
CochiseExcellent, thanks for the translation...

Agreed, thanks for that.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

Anlushac11I like everything I hear in that. I was also wondering if FH was going to move to the BF:V engine.

and I know FH is trying to get it out as soon as posible. It will be out when it will be out.

BF:V has some GREAT possibilites for FH, I have noticed a lot of the things which have been suggested and labelled impossible are possible with the upgraded BF:V engine.

And thanks for the translation.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago

Some interesting Q and A's, will be a lot of work though to convert FH to bf:v I guess. Thanks for the translation but I could probably have done without cause German is a lot like Dutch.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

i'd rather not shell out anymore money

Kingrudolf

Fan FH Mapper

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,345 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Hmm, they couldn't start the interview more original than that huh?

"When will 0.6 be out?"

lol.. anyway, I'm not worried about the download size. I have a Gamespy subscription and a very fast cable connection, so I should have it downloaded within a reasonable time. Allthough I'm kinda worried about some answers.. for example, only a few new maps?

[TC|N00bey

GF makes me horny

50 XP

25th May 2003

0 Uploads

67 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Who cares about download size? Most of us got decent (cable, adsl etc) connections and I dont think anyone with anything less should have a word in this conversation really, as they hardly can call themselves gamers.

A man gotta know his limitations