Ivan

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

or does the download go real slow on Torrent? my speed averages about 5-10kbps max, sometimes, it briefly jumps to 20-30+kbps, buti've been downloading all yesterday afternoon and all saturday, but it is only gotten to 19% :( It's not my connection, cause when i download other stuff, it downloads at max connection.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Mo torrent sucks and so does the way they released thiss mod. The most disorganised fasion i have ever seen any mod released in.

justwright

I LIKE EGGS!

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

you got that right pal

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I used Azureus to download the torrent and it olnly took about 2.5 hours to download. I feel that they released the mod in the best possible way -- most people had the files ready to go when the password was released.

=Boche Buster=

Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

394 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

It took me 8 hours to download with Azureus, but its better having hundreds of people with it ready before release than having hundreds choking 1 ftp site to hell and back.

Stop the whinging! no-one made you use Bittorrent, it was 1 option to download earlier and unlock at release than wait till release and spend 24 hours getting it after queing in an ftp.

Conface

I'm Right, You're Wrong

50 XP

9th January 2004

0 Uploads

216 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I used file planet no line up at all and it took me 4 hours.

TommyGunDaliani

Cesare

50 XP

26th June 2003

0 Uploads

1,717 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

I wait 8 damn hours and finally dl fh only to receive a meesage telling me to dl it again. Complete bs i also talk to several other people who dled corrupt files. Why isnr the mod hosted on ftp sites wtf is the deal here. I have seen lots of mods released that were more anticipated then this (various dc, eod .1) and never ever had this much crap involved. heres a suggestion when you release a mod that ridiculuosly as large as this one, get like 20 hosts.

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

ha ha.

fibelsword

50 XP

13th June 2003

0 Uploads

42 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

I think they did a good job with releasing the mod (with the exception of the official site being down). Bittorrent isn't for everyone - I gave up on my bittorrent download, but some people got a really good speed, and it gives people with bad connections a chance to get a headstart before release. The best way to download is to have a subscription to a place like Fileplanet. It seems like a lot of $, but when you factor in all the hassles, it was very worth it for this download.

Ivan

50 XP

14th September 2003

0 Uploads

27 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Finally i found a site where i can get my maximum speed, i will have by the end of the day, but it sucks that i downloaded on bittorrent for two days and only got 300mb out of that, and now i have to start all over :( It's just ridiculous... I agree that they should have had much more mirrors. I would rather wait to the saturday release and then be able to use ALL my bandwith on that...