quazi

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

22nd April 2003

0 Uploads

88 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

The most numerous light tank in December 1941, and in fact throughout most of the war, was the Type 95 or "Ha-Go." The Ha-Go weighed seven and a half tons, and accommodated a crew of three. In the hull the driver and a machine gunner sat side-by-side (if the tank had a radio, which few Japanese vehicles did prior to the end of 1942, at least, the bow machine gunner was also the radio operator). The third man was in the turret, which had a 37mm gun mounted in the front, and the tank's second 7.7mm machinegun in its rear, in a ball mount (hence hand-aimed by the crewman in the turret). The Japanese "Tank Division" was to consist, ideally, of three tank regiments, a motorised infantry brigade (mainly in trucks) of 3,800 men, and a mixed artillery regiment.

Ha_Go_2_large.jpg

Ha_Go_1_large.jpg

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

oo, nice little bugger

Cyan Winters

I post to get attention

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Nice, but it won't stand a chance against a Sherman, and if it does...so much for realism. Should be interesting slaughtering this little bug. ^^ Looks great

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

How about adding some shovels and supplies and stuff, or at least a nice Japanese flag marking somewhere? It looks kinda plain being all green..

Model is great though.

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Omitting a coaxial mg for one that fires behind the tank has got to be the dumbest idea ever. Nice model though

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
judge reinholdOmitting a coaxial mg for one that fires behind the tank has got to be the dumbest idea ever. Nice model though

True, but the japanese thought that the hull MG can do that, while the rear turret MG keeps AT-infantry approaching from behind at bay.

And sure, it will have few to no chance against the Sherman M4, but it will have quite some chance against the M3 Stuart. Further it is strong enough against Infantry and light vehicles.

Cyan Winters

I post to get attention

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I dont even think the Stewart was used in the Pacific. The Sherman was huge in the pacific..because unlike in europe, it was superior to everything else. It was pretty much the only tank in the pacific.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago
Cyan WintersI dont even think the Stewart was used in the Pacific. The Sherman was huge in the pacific..because unlike in europe, it was superior to everything else. It was pretty much the only tank in the pacific.

The Stewart was used in early Pacific theater. And the CHI-HA is the weaker counterpart to the Sherman.

Stewy

FH Addict

50 XP

12th November 2003

0 Uploads

6 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Very nice model.

Cyan Winters

I post to get attention

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

61 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

Weaker counterpart of the Sherman..that is to say..it wasent a counterpart. The Sherman was the pacifics KingTiger. Heil!