[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#21 15 years ago

McGibsI use both the twist and keyboard for rudders. I dunno why, it just find i get better control with it. Sometimes i use the twist, sometimes i use the keys, sometimes i use both (dont ask)

I have joystick buttons mapped to rear and nose view (as close to using a povhat as your gunna get in bf) as well as map. It's very handy, even if it is a bit crude.

That's the exact same setup I use; I even find myself using both the key and twist at the same time. I also use w/s for speed rather than the slider on my MS SW2 because I feel I have more control. This setup also makes it really easy to hit 'e' to bail out.

Hojew

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

7th March 2004

0 Uploads

31 Posts

0 Threads

#22 15 years ago

Is there a way to map keyboard keys for the turning of a tank's turret? It'd be helpful in rotating my turret 180 degrees and not having to pick up my mouse three times while doing it.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#23 15 years ago

I use keys for flying, the default keys aren't bad. I do have a stick, but I tend to prefer keys for flying because you rarely have time to prepare for flight in FH (I have a small desk, have to grab the stick and move it closer to really use it) A stick isn't essential for flying in BF1942, and I found the stick made helicopters much harder to fly too (not which that really effects FH)

As for rudder controls, I always use keys.

[ZeRo//Tolerance]

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th April 2004

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#24 15 years ago

How the F**k do you fly with mouse and keyboard its impossible,

just get a joystick its more realistic aswell

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

612 Posts

0 Threads

#25 15 years ago

I can't see how people use mouse either. I use esdf for throttle/flaps, and arrow keys instead of a stick. Space as primary fire, and 0 on the keypad as secondary fire. More or less the default keys only setup.

peckens

peck peck peck wooodddddd

50 XP

26th January 2004

0 Uploads

431 Posts

0 Threads

#26 15 years ago

i actually use 2 buttons on my joystick i got 6 buttons on it 2 for the guns 1 for bailing 1 for the chute and then i got 2 buttons on the top right i use those for the rudders

[5th]Barget 2nd Inf

The Fifth Column

50 XP

1st April 2004

0 Uploads

119 Posts

0 Threads

#27 15 years ago

does anybody here use the logitech gaming software that comes with their joysticks? it's rather annoying to fly in FH when the game finally responds to the stick input about half-way through moving the stick... maybe i should play with the deadzone adjustments instead?

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#28 15 years ago

How do you bind mouse look to hat switch?