50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Here's a thought for the public:

STOP BITCHING!!!!

The public isn't in a position to demand anything. They should be happy there are updates at all, cause if I were a dev, I'd sure as hell cancel all updates because the public is always complaining anyway.

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

That's a good suggestion If you want a mod with no Players....

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Well, come on what u expect, there website horroribly outdated, Jesus will some just make a unofficial FH website thats updated daily & have all the weapon & map stats on it Plz

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

'LIGHTNING [NL']Here's a thought for the public:

STOP BITCHING!!!!

The public isn't in a position to demand anything. They should be happy there are updates at all, cause if I were a dev, I'd sure as hell cancel all updates because the public is always complaining anyway.

Then you'd be a very poor dev. Anyone who goes ape shit over some people bitching about a lack of updates and has a tantrum because of it is only perpetuating the bitching. You can't defeat bitching with more bitching, you can defeat it by doing an incredibly simple thing, updating the web page.

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago
NurenigWell, come on what u expect, there website horroribly outdated, Jesus will some just make a unofficial FH website thats updated daily & have all the weapon & map stats on it Plz

Im working on one, though I have to admit I don't want to actually start until .6 is out because of all the changes and additions it should bring. I have a server that I can host on my Comcast cable, but I don't see that as being enough. I'll look into other possibilities.

If anyone ELSE is doing a webpage, someone who knows how, then I'd be happy to volunteer and get a database set up or whatever you need. I have Oracle, Access, and Sequel experience.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago

If I were a dev, I'd probably have better things to do than update a webpage. And the bitching isn't about the lack of updates. It's about the lack of announced updates. If there was to be announced there wouldn't be anymore updates people wouldn't continuously be asking for them. Sure, evere now and then they could release some pictures or something, but not like this.

Ohioan

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
'LIGHTNING [NL']If I were a dev, I'd probably have better things to do than update a webpage. And the bitching isn't about the lack of updates. It's about the lack of announced updates. If there was to be announced there wouldn't be anymore updates people wouldn't continuously be asking for them. Sure, evere now and then they could release some pictures or something, but not like this.

The devs did this themselves. It takes 3 minutes to update the site, and for WHATEVER reason, they didn't do it, but they DID make sure everyone knows that the release is close and they DID make sure to let the beta testers smear their fun in everyone's face while witholding all media.

Bottom line is, update the damn web page. It's so damn simple to do. It's not time consuming. You can do it in the time it takes to start 3dmax.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I belive that quazi has fully finished the .6 webpage (and its all fancy and nice looking) It will be up when .6 is released, hence the lack of actual webpage updates.

the main problem i think is the chaotic nature of the fh dev team. no one REALLY has a specific job (aside from what they do. model, map, code, yadda yadda) so no one really knows whos doing what. so the only way certain things are going to happen is if one of the team members takes it upon themselves to do it, and most of the time i think, theyl assume that someone else will do it.

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

Seriously I think the Dev have alot to do when it comes to the Mod itself, I think they should have a little contest for a new website & crew If they infact did this the web guys would most likey have to become beat testers so they can get the right screens & actually wrote there own accounts of what new & get enw pic of tanks & such I dream that someday they will update the Weapons section cos i dont actually know what being developed & whats not

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Ok cool, Finally After 6 months my dreams come true