emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

I do understand this is a Beta version. These are just my personal observations.

1) The Tiger kicks serious bootie, especially in open areas where the long ranged 88 has a major advantage. I was a little miffed on one map when I got behind a Tiger with a T-34/76 and was able to get 3 rear hits and a right side hit and not one penetrated even from very short range. The 76.2mm F34 gun should be able to penetrate at very close range. The problem is getting that close.

2) The German Panzerfaust is wicked. No wonder it was feared more than enemy tanks. Om the same note the poor Brits and their PIAT. All of us were scrambling to retrieve Panzerfausts and K98's.

3) Battle of the Atlantic with Bismark and Prinz Eugen, was suprised to come upon a Brit carrier capsized. Was only me and one other on the map so not sure what was up there. Love the Swordfish and the Catapults. Landed a float Swordfish and it landed and floated fine. Then started taking damage from being in water.

4) Not happy with the pistols at all. Yesterday on Adak and Crete I shot a guy as much as 4 times and no effect and they turned and killed me. A Colt .45, Walthers P-38, or Weatherby .38 I would think would have more stopping power. I dont expect 1 shot 1 kill but from close range a guy should not be able to shrug off 4 shots.

5) Love the Firefly and Cromwell. Got on the hill behind the Church on Market Garden Map and killed 5 German tanks in less than 30 sec by aiming for the roof armor. Then was killed by a Panzerfaust.

6) Typhoons are deadly. And they look great too.

So far so good. Been having lots of fun. And everything looks great. T-34/76's, Matilda II's, Crusader III's, etc. Keep up the good work.Looking forward to more goodies.

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

I am like Clint Eastwood with the .38 i kick ass with that revolver.

Pillar

Jesus Freak

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

120 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

The .38 is nearly one shot one kill at close range. It's just that the other pistols, espescially the nambu, suck. I snuck up behind some guys on hailer and I only had a shrek and my pistol. I shot several guys several times each and didn't kill any of them, they were killed by a team mate.

BOXER [CAN]

I'll fuk you up

50 XP

30th October 2003

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

I agree that the pistols need a little bit more stopping power.

Oxide

Malaj

50 XP

18th October 2003

0 Uploads

250 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

The pistols in Call of Duty kills in 3 shots (In my experience anyway) and I think that's a good number, since you can fire them off as fast as you can click your mouse. 4 is way too much, 2 might work.

SimonS.

[11PzG] SimonS

50 XP

10th August 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

There's no number, I've used a whole magazine and not killed someone before, I wish Pistols were as powerful as primary weapons.

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

Only at close range though, I've sniped people with them in Call of duty..

Splinter(nl)

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

8th October 2003

0 Uploads

138 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago
SimonS.There's no number, I've used a whole magazine and not killed someone before, I wish Pistols were as powerful as primary weapons.

Thats too powerfull, I think 2 shots at close range will be good.

=Capt.M.=

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

26th September 2003

0 Uploads

37 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

Yeah but it depends on the persons health that you're shooting at. If their health is close to the bottom then even 1 shot will kill them. You just never know. :D

robert_x

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

19 Posts

0 Threads

#10 17 years ago

Yes, Anlushac11, I've experienced the power of the Tiger too. Armed with a T34, I sneaked up on a Tiger in the Battle of Valirisk. Shot the beast FIVE times at close range in the rear and flanks and nothing happened. The driver probably didn't notice anything and drove away, obfuscating my line of fire for another shot. I hope they'll fix this close combat error.

Personally, I think the Panzerfaust is too powerfull. Perhaps historically correct, but there are simply too many spots where infantry, armed with a Panzerfaust, can hide and re-appear as soon as a tank drives by. In WW II, tanks were accompanied by panzergrenadiers, acting as scouts to warn for enemy infantry. Since FH doesn't have this kind of permanent close combat support, tanks should be able to survive at least one Panzerfaust hit (but severely damaged). But that's just my opinion :)