Titmouse69

well f*ckadoodledoo!

50 XP

5th February 2003

0 Uploads

180 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

can anyone offer me any useful tactics for karelia? 7 games i have played, and 7 games i have played as russians, had base taken over and was pinned back in main base, not been able to reclaim either of the 2 other flags on the mainland - and this was using the arty and t34 corectly! everytime i approach either of the 2 flags, i get cut to ribbons by MG fire! am ripping my hair out - any useful tactics anyone can offer??? please not - i am NOT a n00b! is not like im running down middle of road and firing standing up - trying to be stealthy but keep gettin picked off! would appreciate any tactics u may want to share.... :uhm:

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

you dont immediately die from entering out of bounds, so some small flanking can be used. the t34 should be more than enough to reclaim at least the first space. the finns have it much much harder to reclaim their base, so just pretend youre finnish and use the advantages they dont have

Crimman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago
Titmouse69can anyone offer me any useful tactics for karelia? 7 games i have played, and 7 games i have played as russians, had base taken over and was pinned back in main base, not been able to reclaim either of the 2 other flags on the mainland - and this was using the arty and t34 corectly! everytime i approach either of the 2 flags, i get cut to ribbons by MG fire! am ripping my hair out - any useful tactics anyone can offer??? please not - i am NOT a n00b! is not like im running down middle of road and firing standing up - trying to be stealthy but keep gettin picked off! would appreciate any tactics u may want to share.... :uhm:

I have one idea that might work, ive never tried it because no one listens to me in game... Anyway what you do is get everyone in the boat to attach the rifle grenede on and as you get near it you aim up, to make up for its short range, and have everyone fire. That way you send a barrage of infantry killing explosions their way. I dunno tell me what happends if you get people to use it.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

27th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago
CrimmanI have one idea that might work, ive never tried it because no one listens to me in game... Anyway what you do is get everyone in the boat to attach the rifle grenede on and as you get near it you aim up, to make up for its short range, and have everyone fire. That way you send a barrage of infantry killing explosions their way. I dunno tell me what happends if you get people to use it.

He's talking about playing as a RUSSIAN...

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

The only thing I can think of is an all out infantry assault on the finish beachhead at the beginning of the round. If you loose your forward base, Its very hard. dont go without Infantrysupport and Dps covering you, try to stay out of sight, move forward very slowly and start shooting on longe range.

Rafterman

Rule#1: Bring a Bigger Gun!

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

594 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Interesting -- I've played this map a dozen or so times and have yet to see the Germans/Finns get even close to taking any of the Russian flags.

All I usually see is a boat load of Germans/Finns getting Tk'd by some ass who thinks it's funny to kill everyone.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

the first minutes of a round are the most important ones. If the finns capture the forward russian base, the can move on to the edge of the forest and start turkeyshooting, if the russians capture the beachhead, they have a much harder stand, but can dispel invasions with the right teamwork (DPs shooting at the approaching crafts, riflesquads fighting of landed troops).

Artie

CCCP

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

545 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

An AT or close range class needs to be added in place of one of the TWO assault classes for the Russians in the map!