raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I got a soft spot for this aircraft, as I am also tony. I did some research, and this was quite a made plane! 3,000 or so made of all variants, making it, as far as i know, the most made japanese fighter(land-based). I know that the Zero was made more, but it was carrier based alot, and besides, we want new...I know there were like 4 types of fighter-bombers that were all made more than the Hi.62, but not fighters...I really hope I can fly around guadalcanal on myself, firing 4 guns into the unfortunate hellcats that dare venture upon my island...

Makin it?

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Arrggghhhh...!!!

Its a Ki-61 Hien.

It is one of my favorite aircraft used in WW2.

My fav is the Ki-61 IIb-KAI.

Ha-140 engine, bubble canopy, 4 x 20mm cannon and was fast(as long as the junk motor was running)

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

hey ansluschac i live in a town called Plainfield only about 15min from Indianapolis ever heard of it?

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

At this moment is not a priority to make more japanese fighters, we have 1 fighter, 1 dive bomber, 1 torpedo bomber, 1 bomber and the Ohka. We just need to model the Emily seaplane and we have the basic japanese aerial stuff.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Lobo...when you dissapoint fans, baby jesus cries...

DauntlesDouglas

reviving old forum accounts

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Nooooooooooooo. well at least working on lod`s and wrecks is a better/quicker way to get the mod done.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
Originally posted by Kämpfer hey ansluschac i live in a town called Plainfield only about 15min from Indianapolis ever heard of it?

Wow small world. Plainfield is straight out West of Indy on US 40.

I live in Mars Hill out by the airport.

Lord Nova

Hamster of War

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

204 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
At this moment is not a priority to make more japanese fighters, we have 1 fighter, 1 dive bomber, 1 torpedo bomber, 1 bomber and the Ohka. We just need to model the Emily seaplane and we have the basic japanese aerial stuff.

Alot of people focus on the Germans on WWII. However the Japanese were the ones who started it when they invaded China in the 30s (at least according to the army news real "Why we fight The battle of China"). Without modeling the Chinese army/guerrillas and the proper japanese planes of that period (such as the oscer), it would definatly be missing a huge chunk of the war. Just cause people lived in Asia and it might seem alien to us, doesn't mean what happened in that part of the world wasn't important. My grandfather fought for the chinese and was then captured and forced to fight for the japanese till the war was over, so the pacific is a very personal issue for me in many ways.

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

You forget that the majority of the people who are designing this mod are in Europe. As long as there is something with a large red ball on it thats all that matters.

They have done the minimum required amount of Jap planes. Other than that apparently no one cares.

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

I am not telling that we will not make more japanese planes, only that this can be done after we put ingame the required planes for the public release.

By the way, did your grandpa fight with the Flying Tigers?, I will make a map about them for sure.

P40_02.jpg