Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago
'[11PzGmatyast'] I would really like to see a Kursk map, which would look more like BG's Operation Citadelle....

:agreed

Nurenig

FH Xlite

50 XP

26th December 2003

0 Uploads

1,031 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

Yea I would love to see a new Bocage map with lots of extra flags on it & maybe a extra village in it as well. Would be nice & keep the hills except add bushes to the tops of them, Cos I was in a clan & all them did was camp the middle island which is kinda sad & boring. Also I wouldnt mind seeing a spawn point at the outpost in the very north east of BOTB, theres a small outpost with a road leading to it. I think all theses out of the way outposts are cool & make it harder for a team to simply roll from Outpost to outpost. Tobruk much be redone except remove the gay back way to the enemy base, A full on frontal attack would be much better.

NoCoolOnesLeft

My Blood Is Olive Drab

50 XP

18th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,329 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

Bocage is a good map, except wheres the Bocage? there are NO hedge rows or shubbery, if you call shrubbery 3 trees widely spaced out lol. the whole reason that the campain of Bocage took so long was because of the terrain.

XWW2 has a kickass Bocage map, uses all the space with more spawn points and you can jump out and ambush tanks :nodding: great map....

D-Fens

uwe bolltastic!

50 XP

2nd May 2003

0 Uploads

4,837 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago
Ply3r_17Bocage is a good map, except wheres the Bocage? there are NO hedge rows or shubbery, if you call shrubbery 3 trees widely spaced out lol. the whole reason that the campain of Bocage took so long was because of the terrain. XWW2 has a kickass Bocage map, uses all the space with more spawn points and you can jump out and ambush tanks :nodding: great map....

:agreed Yeah, bring us a shrubbery!!

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago
D-fence:agreed Yeah, bring us a shrubbery!!

lol NI NI NI

dRaStiQ

Master and Commander

50 XP

25th October 2003

0 Uploads

580 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago

roflmao

toastar

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

Ply3r_17Bocage is a good map, except wheres the Bocage? there are NO hedge rows or shubbery, if you call shrubbery 3 trees widely spaced out lol. the whole reason that the campain of Bocage took so long was because of the terrain.

XWW2 has a kickass Bocage map, uses all the space with more spawn points and you can jump out and ambush tanks :nodding: great map....

Amen - I've actually played that map about 7 or 8 times and it plays and looks so different you could have sworn the only thing they copied was the sky and basic color of the topmap. IMO Bocage of XWWII and the Kharkov winter of FH are the way touchups should be done (by the looks of it, the new pacific maps are touched up excellently as well :) )

javierlopez

tester

50 XP

13th May 2003

0 Uploads

516 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago
Ply3r_17 XWW2 has a kickass Bocage map, uses all the space with more spawn points and you can jump out and ambush tanks :nodding: great map....

They ( FH ) are working in a new bocage, don't worry. I don't know if it is going to be in 0.6...because it was in 0.7 but not in 0.8 ( they say that needs more work ):uhm:

Shade_PW

GF is my bext friend *hugs GF*

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

761 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago
Beast of War:agreed

:agreed

MeanMrMustard

Such a mean old man

50 XP

15th September 2003

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

A few more flags on Bocage would really open up the map and improve it no end. In BOTB there's a whole 'ghost base' on the hill across the river from the main allied spawn, perhaps that could be used in some way... Kharkov is a fantastic map, and I think it really shows that (for once) Dice thought about the design of the map to make it fun to play, something that many fan maps are often sorely lacking. I like all the desert maps, Battleaxe was good fun in vanilla, and I think it would translate well to FH. Lots of cover and trenches to crawl along etc. etc. Tobruk was in a similar vein to Battleaxe, again lots of cover and a really defensive map for the Allies. The other 2 current desert maps are again great for tank combat, El Alemein especially. There's a desert map in the fan map pack, Operation Crusader, I think it is, that is also very good, but its off most rotations :( Harry