Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#1 17 years ago

Will the King Tiger/IS 2 always have its counterpart in a map? Or are the some maps that the enemy has to fight a little harder, and feel how strong these tanks realy where (Like we now already experiencing with the Tiger, its not indestructeble, but it take a little more)?

If there is always a counterpart then the experience of having the almighty King Tiger doenst feel that mighty. Same goes for other sides, feeling you have a mighty IS 2 or Pershing.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#2 17 years ago

i hope that the americans gets alot of aircrafts on those maps were there are KTs ....

Az*

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

3rd November 2003

0 Uploads

107 Posts

0 Threads

#3 17 years ago

I hope there aint lots of planes or the same will happen that happens on omg atm,tiger leaves base gets 5 yards and is anhialated by a plane. If there is kt's etc just give the other side a few more tanks etc to help remove it.

Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

20th May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#4 17 years ago

I like the idea of giving the other side AT guns whenever there is a KT or IS-2 on the map. That way you don't have to always give the other side airpower or a ton of lesser tanks.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#5 17 years ago

well dont worry about the IS 2 it wont be able to take a the mighty PFZ hit on its front armour ..

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#6 17 years ago

Black WarshipWill the King Tiger/IS 2 always have its counterpart in a map? Or are the some maps that the enemy has to fight a little harder, and feel how strong these tanks realy where (Like we now already experiencing with the Tiger, its not indestructeble, but it take a little more)?

If there is always a counterpart then the experience of having the almighty King Tiger doenst feel that mighty. Same goes for other sides, feeling you have a mighty IS 2 or Pershing.

Single sided "mighty" vehicles attract a lot of enemy campers/thiefs to the main base......maybe not so good for gameplay.

Besides, how mighty it might be to more common tanks, it will proably still be weak to expacks and AT infantry weapons that hit in on the engine deck or other weak spots.

And if there are aircraft with bombs/rockets they will have no problem at all taking it out neither, making the "mighty" tank just a very powerfull tank when used with care.

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#7 17 years ago

i guess the following: maps of the westernfront with the kingtiger will not have a tankcounterpart, but "lots" of typhoons and so on (hello suiciders... :rolleyes: ). maps of the eastern front with the kt will have the is2 and maybe some sturmovik. but we will see.. :)

Black Warship

www.forgottenhonor.com

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

126 Posts

0 Threads

#8 17 years ago

did all the ones facing KT's/IS2'S/Pershings got airsupport in war? dont think so

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

21st November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#9 17 years ago

Generally speaking, by the time the KT was on the western front, the Allies had nearly total air superiority. In the east, the Germans were severly outnumbered when it came to men and materiel during the later stages of the war. I still feel, however, if the KT and IS-2 are used with prudence, they will be difficult to defeat.