Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

getpicture.php?id=398888getpicture.php?id=398916getpicture.php?id=398923

I read comment that it would be hard to scratch the paint and we all had to run if one appeared......

But that is not how it was for real.....deprived late in the war of critical components for good quality armour, the King tigers were made with INFERIOR armour plating. It was even so bad that regular tigers were better protected, they still had good quality armour.....

Look at the photo, the russians tested a captured one and were not too impressed.

The quality of armor on the "Tiger-B" tank, in comparison with the armor on the "Tiger-I," and "Panther," tanks, as well as early production "Ferdinand" self-propelled gun, has sharply deteriorated. The first individual impacts caused cracks and spalling in the armor of the "Tiger-B" tank. Groups of shell impacts (3-4 shells) caused large-scale spalling and fractures in the armor.
The tank's hull and turret side plates were penetrated by armor-piercing projectiles from the domestic 85 mm and American 76 mm guns at ranges of 800-2000 metres.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

*ignore* :)

[2SS]Enigma

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

Beast of Wargetpicture.php?id=398888getpicture.php?id=398916getpicture.php?id=398923

I read comment that it would be hard to scratch the paint and we all had to run if one appeared......

But that is not how it was for real.....deprived late in the war of critical components for good quality armour, the King tigers were made with INFERIOR armour plating. It was even so bad that regular tigers were better protected, they still had good quality armour.....

Look at the photo, the russians tested a captured one and were not too impressed.

Oh you pro-allied idiot. The king tiger was a zeus like tank. yea some may have had inferior armor and my only reply to that is probably because the germans did not have any decent armor left and they had to do what they had.... Also look at that tank! Its riddeled with holes, it must of taken forever to bring down that beast.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago
Evilsanta*ignore* :)

How painfull the truth is eh ? Haven't even started about it's weak engine ( same as in Tiger I ) breaking down ALL the time due to the way to great weight for eingine output.....

If FH would be realistic, it would break down all the time, only go 1/4 of the map and then stop becuase it has no more fuel, and be shot up by late war Russian tanks easy.

But i agree, the legend sounds much better then the truth, as always....

BTW : I like german machinery much better then allied ones......but i am not oblivious to what happened for real......

[2SS]Enigma

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago
Beast of WarHow painfull the truth is eh ?

I duno you tell me?

"One day a Tiger Royal tank got within 150 yards of my tank and knocked me out. Five of our tanks opened up on him from ranges of 200 to 600 yards and got five or six hits on the front of the Tiger. They all just glanced off and the Tiger backed off and got away. If we had a tank like Tiger, we would all be home today." - Report by tank commander Sergeant Clyde D. Brunson from 2nd Armored Division, 1945.
On the 30th April, Untersharfuhrer Georg Diers and his crew of tank 314, were ordered to take up a defensive position at the Reichstag buildings. This was one of only two remaining King Tigers belonging to Heavy SS Tank Battalion 503 in Berlin. By that evening they had knocked out about 30 T34's, and the following day led a successful counterattack against the Kroll Opera House directly opposite the Reichstag. Their efforts though, merely postponed the inevitable and by the end of the day the order was given to abandon the position and prepare to break out of Berlin.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago
'[2SSEnigma']Oh you pro-allied idiot. The king tiger was a zeus like tank. yea some may have had inferior armor and my only reply to that is probably because the germans did not have any decent armor left and they had to do what they had.... Also look at that tank! Its riddeled with holes, it must of taken forever to bring down that beast.

LOL:lol: Theese holes are test shots...

[2SS]Enigma

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago
FreakNastyLOL:lol: Theese holes are test shots...

haha! I knew that guy was an idiot!

Master Minder

FHdev

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

680 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

yep, they are ... and probably from over 100mm cannons ... even more like it looks

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
Beast of WarHow painfull the truth is eh ?

Of course some Königstigers had inferior armour plating, but that was very late in the war... The Königstiger was the king of the battlefield, weighing 70 000 kg(thats almost 20 tons more than Tiger I !!!) with a powerful cannon, it just rolled over all the small gay shermans :)

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago
EvilsantaOf course some Königstigers had inferior armour plating, but that was very late in the war... The Königstiger was the king of the battlefield, weighing 70 000 kg(thats almost 20 tons more than Tiger I !!!) with a powerful cannon, it just rolled over all the small gay shermans :)

Haven't even started about it's weak engine ( same as in Tiger I ) breaking down ALL the time due to the way to great weight for eingine output.....

If FH would be realistic, it would break down all the time, only go 1/4 of the map and then stop becuase it has no more fuel, and be shot up by late war Russian tanks easy.

The engine was already too weak for the Tiger I.......after 1000 km ( if any tank came that far ) the engine had to be replaced totally......if an uncarefull driver went up to more then 2000 tpm......the engine was wasted, it could only be done in pure emercency, severly reducing the Tiger I speed, let alone how well it performed ith the much heavier King tiger ( read about it in the Tiger Fibel, i you can speak german that is....)

If there's a realistic king tiger in FH in each case it will crawl over the battlfield, no faster then the Mathilda I. Because it cross country speed was..........16 km/h !!!!