Wiking9

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#101 15 years ago
Major HartmannWho cares about the Jagdpanther when you can have a real tank like Tiger, IS2 or KT?

Perhaps a position (bridgehead,flag,etc) is in need of armor defense...I'll hop in the Jagd if it'll keep the Soviet devils back!:D

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#102 15 years ago
schristi69It did not have the same engine as the Tiger I

Yes, it did....

The KIng Tiger had the 12 cylinder Maybach HL 230 with 700 HP output

The first tigers had the 12-cylinder Maybach HL 210 with 650 HP output, but were badly underpowered and its off-road performance suffered as a result. To improve that problem modified 12-cylinder Maybach HL 230 engine with power increased to 700hp was installed in all models since May of 1943.

Wiking9

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#103 15 years ago

Monster Garage meets FH! Good one Beast of War, you saved me precious minutes in actually looking up the Maybach schematics...

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#104 15 years ago

This whole thread is actually about people who like to believe in legends about an invinceble german tank, and get upset when they hear what it actually was in real life.

If these people would visit tank info sites and actually READ all info, they would know it's weaknesses and this discussion wouldn't have been endless.

It is not that i want to make the tiger or king tiger look bad, i only want them to be remembered as they really were, and not what legends make of them. People that want to know facts and not fiction read the official instruction manual of the tiger, the Tiger Fibel.

getpicture.php?id=406022

This chart ( authentic tiger instruction manual) makes clear that a T34 could penetrate a Tiger side from as far as 1500 m (1.5 km ) Although the tiger gun could take a T34 out at 2000 m, you see that you could not afford to make mistakes in a real tiger.

getpicture.php?id=406034

This page makes clear that although the frontal armour was very thick, it wasn't sloped so grenades didn't bounce off, so to make sure no grenade came through they were advised when facing an enmy 12 o' clock to offset the tank to 11 'o clock or 1 'o clock so there was a slight angle, making the grenade having to cut through more material.

The tiger and king tiger were strong tanks, but not super tanks. I think FH did a good job with the tiger up to now, and i really don't want a king tiger to break down, run out of fuel and have weak quality armour, caused by shortages for germanies essential materials in the late war.

It is important however that they are remembered for what they really were. That is what i set out to do, and due to the length of the discusion now everyone in this forum does know.

( Sorry for the trauma, someday you were told santa claus didn't really exist too ;) )

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#105 15 years ago
Beast of War The tiger and king tiger were strong tanks, but not super tanks.

Listen to this guy. I have to say again, finally somebody who can allocate his "non-nonsens"-threads! :D

Wiking9

50 XP

4th August 2003

0 Uploads

359 Posts

0 Threads

#106 15 years ago

I doubt their were many people here that considered the PanzerVI Tiger's invincible IRL, but FH's assumption of their power doesn't help them any.

I think you're just re-assuring yourself, rather than most members here...

ubersolda78

GF makes me horny

50 XP

1st March 2003

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#107 15 years ago

most german tanks were not destroed but were abandoned by their crew cause of lack of gas or ammo.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#108 15 years ago
Major HartmannWho cares about the Jagdpanther when you can have a real tank like Tiger, IS2 or KT?

Me! The Jagdpanther is a very nice tank. Further it was successful in the eastern front.

It has the same cannon as the King Tiger, but is lighter and can go faster.

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#109 15 years ago

My favorites Tanks of WW2 were the Tigers. But this is my absolute favorite. jagt_h.jpg The Jagdtiger was based on the Tiger II's lengthened chassis (by 260mm) and components. It was armed with 128mm Pak 44 L/55 gun (taken from the Maus) and one, later two MG34/42 machine guns for local and later air defence. The gun had limited traverse of 10 degrees to the left and to the right. Its gun was the most powerful and the largest anti-tank weapon used in action during WWII and it could easily destroy any Allied tank from the range beyond the reach of most Allied guns. The maximum range of the gun was 22410 meters. Jagdtiger was operated by the crew of six. The space inside allowed only 38 to 40 heavy two-piece (projectile and the cartridge) rounds of armor piercing and high explosive ammunition to be stored, which were handled by two loaders. Gun was mounted in a centrally mounted fixed heavy armored box-like superstructure. The sides of the superstructure were one-piece sloping plates with the sides of the hull.

Jagdtiger resembled King Tiger with the difference of having a superstructure instead of the turret and had much higher profile what made it a large target for the enemy. Jagdtigers were mounted with two different types of running gear, Henschel's gear (74 models) and Porsche's gear (11 models produced from February to September of 1944). Porsche's gear was simpler along with being half times cheaper and less time consuming to produce than that of Henschel. Henschel's gear roadwheels (800mm in diameter) were slightly larger than those used in Porsche's gear (700mm in diameter).

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#110 15 years ago
SniperWolfenMy favorites Tanks of WW2 were the Tigers. But this is my absolute favorite. jagt_h.jpg

Yes, this was a real monster! But dont forget about the Elephant! But i like the Panther-class better. The Panther and the Jagdpanther aswell, because of their better agility.