the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#121 15 years ago

Beast of WarI'd say dive in a library and find out.....

Stalin had killed a lot of capable officers in all ranks he saw as a political threat. He really did that on a large scale. Because of his army after that consisted of inexperienced (maybe even incapable) loyal to the regime officers, it wasn't very battleready when the german attacked. Because Stalin knew very well, he had severly weakend his army, he signed a non agression pact with germany before the war. He even co- operated with germany attacking poland, wich had to deal with two large fronts, wich it ofcourse could not.

I already know. As I already said I have documentations about that. And Stalin´s behaviors had many similarities with Hitler no doubt.

And to that wise Guy up their, I think you messed up the Panzer IV F with the Panzer IV H. The Panzer IV H was capable to destroy both T34/76 and T34/85.

Same goes for the StugIII variants as they could also kill tanks with Panzergranaten.

fststug.jpg

Artie Bucco

Guey>Tio(a)

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,682 Posts

0 Threads

#122 15 years ago

the_moveI already know. As I already said I have documentations about that. And Stalin´s behaviors had many similarities with Hitler no doubt.

And to that wise Guy up their, I think you messed up the Panzer IV F with the Panzer IV H. The Panzer IV H was capable to destroy both T34/76 and T34/85.

Same goes for the StugIII variants as they could also kill tanks with Panzergranaten.

I said that the PZ IV H was better than the T34/76 but it was matched by the T34/85 which was introduced around the same time as the Pz IV h sieres.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#123 15 years ago

And I say, wait until all tanks are implemented. There are still many tanks missing.

I think when all the stuff (also the ALLIES stuff is meant) is in with a reasonable count and spawn-ratio there is no need to nerf something.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#124 15 years ago
RPGreg2600You're a moron. The germans may have had better tanks, but our planes were way better (mustang was the best fighter of the war) and we had a way beter rifle. And the pershing was a pretty damn good tank too.

The P-38 was the best fighter of the war, in my opinion, as a 20mm gun is much more helpful then two .50's... Also, look at the aces...

Could carry as much as some heavy bombers, also... A king tiger isnt gonna take 4,000 lbs of anti-tank bombs, or probably even 500pdrs.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#125 15 years ago

Beast of WarYou fail to see "the most feard tank during WWII" in a proper time line. German soldiers had no answer to the T34 for a full year !! Only AT field guns and aircraft could take them out, at that time. German soldiers feared the T34 for a long time !

As a result the Panther was designed and rushed into service, and the tiger rushed into service, aswell as several stopgap tank destroyer designs ( with larger guns then tanks could handle at the time ) The rushed service can be held greatly acountable for the poor reliability of german late war tanks.

All probably know the Panther was heavily influenced by the T34 wich it had to counter, german tanks up to then didn't have sloping armour, including the tiger wich was built like a bigger model Panzer IV. The first prototype Panther even looked exactly like a T34, with the turret mounted more to the front, it was only bigger then a T34. Because of this the turret was placed in the middle again, to prevent being fired upon by friendly tanks, confusing it for a T34 !

The T34 was the tank that turned the tide of the battle for the russians, it stopped the germans when they had nothing to counter it, and it was so numerous they couldn't counter it anymore when they did have tanks that could take it down.

If you like tanks and their design, don't stare blind on a few german ones, but study those of other countries too.......you might be surprised what you didn't know......

Do not forget the KV-1 which even though in very small numbers at that time, a single one held off a German Division for three days before a Flak 88 could be brought up and shoot twenty odd shots into its rear of which only three penetrated!(Correct me on any errors on this it has been a while since I have read about this).

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#126 15 years ago
Major HartmannI'll think about equipping all tanks with extra power for the fist 100m... But as long as I haven't decided, try not shooting the Tigers rear, because it is by no means the weakest part.... the weakes part after top and bottom is the wheel area. Shoot there for fast destruction.

Please do this would be INCREDIBLY better for gameplay! And why shouldn't you!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#127 15 years ago
KämpferPlease do this would be INCREDIBLY better for gameplay! And why shouldn't you!

Because then the nOObies are upset their favorite tank doesn't protect them from close range T34 and shermans anymore, and will say it is too weak :p

The hell with them......that 100 m range seems more then plausible, in reality it was 1500 m for T34 ( see the tiger instruction manual chart ) i'd say go for it ! If the nOObies want to enjoy the tiger as a superweapon, let them learn how to use the 88 and only make use of the thick armour in emergencies, just like a real german crew.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#128 15 years ago
Beast of War If the nOObies want to enjoy the tiger as a superweapon, let them learn how to use the 88 and only make use of the thick armour in emergencies, just like a real german crew. [/IMG]

How about then giving the Tiger and Panther series optical zoom and make the coax gunner an extra position. That´s what you say. Use the 88! And those tanks - especially the jagd versions - had really good periscopes.

But I would prefer to make the ALLIES stronger than the Axis in overall, so the whining generally stops.

It´s like in Day of Defeat. If the Axis have strong weapons, everybody whines. Well not everybody, but the "self-announced patriots of good".

But if the Allies are in major advantage, nobody cares or even whines. Then all people play Allies, we have a ratio of 4 ALLIES to 1 AXIS, ALLIES win all games on all maps and everything will be fine.

FryaDuck

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

30th September 2003

0 Uploads

515 Posts

0 Threads

#129 15 years ago

The charts from the Tiger Fibel tell you alot more than you suspect (look closely at the Kleeblatte (cloverleaf). Notice the corners can't be penetrated at any range which does correspond to the 11 and 1 o'clock postition.

Was there a battle where the Germans didn't have armour superiority?

Of Course there was; France 1940, North Africa (prior to '43), Barbarossa (3000 v 8000 tanks). It is never what you have but how you use it that wins.

So far, in vanilla or any mod, I haven't seen the numbers of tanks that would have been deployed even if scaled. The Battle of the Bulge map should have two phases. The German armoured assault (Phase 1) featuring KT, JagdTigers, Jagdpanzer IV L/70, Hummels, and Puma's etc with limited Allied Armour. Once the Allied base (current one) is captured then Phase 2 begins with the spawning of Allied Air (at a distance off the current map).

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#130 15 years ago

getpicture.php?id=406034

Instead of only looking at the picture maybe people should read this (if they can read German).

Maybe I should translate that.

This is really a nice trick to enhance the Tigers armour.

To bad this trick can not be used in FH, because more hitboxes would be needed for each tank.