Raw_Beef

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#131 15 years ago

Hm... so if i slice my field ration sausage sideways i become a better tanker? Excellent!

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#132 15 years ago
Raw_BeefHm... so if i slice my field ration sausage sideways i become a better tanker? Excellent!

You can´t read German can you?

What is is easier, to slice a sausage vertically or diagonal?

Maybe you should read on with you translator.

Major Hartmann

Major Disinformation

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,347 Posts

0 Threads

#133 15 years ago

The angles can't be taken into account because of the limitations of the BF engine, nothing to do about that. About the PanzerIVH and the T34: I'd prefer the Panzer over the T34-76, but when it comes to the -85 version, I'd choose that. It has 90mm front armour (turret that is) and is way faster.

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#134 15 years ago
KämpferDo not forget the KV-1 which even though in very small numbers at that time, a single one held off a German Division for three days before a Flak 88 could be brought up and shoot twenty odd shots into its rear of which only three penetrated!(Correct me on any errors on this it has been a while since I have read about this).

It was a KV-2!!!

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#135 15 years ago
Major HartmannThe angles can't be taken into account because of the limitations of the BF engine, nothing to do about that

But the bf1942 engine always took the angle into acount ! If you shoot whatever vehicle at an angle you always did do less damage, it even worked for torpedoes on ships ! I can't believe there are actually players that don't know this !?!

If you don't believe me try it yourself....it works. That is the expereince i have in bf1942, and if FH uses the same engine......

getpicture.php?id=407276

BF1942 NO ANGLE SHOT

getpicture.php?id=407277

BF1942 RESULT OF NO ANGLE SHOT

getpicture.php?id=407331

BF1942 SHOT UNDER AN ANGLE

getpicture.php?id=407283

BF1942 RESULT OF SHOT UNDER AN ANGLE

sempai(be)

Addicted to GF

50 XP

1st October 2003

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#136 15 years ago

Nice work BOW. Opens up a lot more opportunities.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#137 15 years ago

Never knew that O_o

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

13th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#138 15 years ago

I tested it for myself, angles make a difference!!!! :)

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#139 15 years ago

Beast of WarBut the bf1942 engine always took the angle into acount ! If you shoot whatever vehicle at an angle you always did do less damage, it even worked for torpedoes on ships ! I can't believe there are actually players that don't know this !?!

If you don't believe me try it yourself....it works. That is the expereince i have in bf1942, and if FH uses the same engine......

Nah, it could be that the corneers only have different hitboxes, which are sturdier.

Do a shoot into the tanks center, but from an angle. If it is less damage, then it works. Otherwise no.

The problem is neither does the engine know about armour thickness (like 100 mm) and material nor something about a²+b²=c², which is neccessary to check how much armour you have to cut through then (100mm vertical = how much diametrical?). And further the engine does not know the percentage, when a projetile hitting from an angle glances off or could be repelled or not.

Giving the corners more strength does not simulate what is mentioned above. This is not about hitting the tank´s edges/corners, but hitting from a corner.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#140 15 years ago

the_moveNah, it could be that the corneers only have different hitboxes, which are sturdier.

Do a shoot into the tanks center, but from an angle. If it is less damage, then it works. Otherwise no.

Did you look at my pictures ? I DID fire on the centre from an angle......and the shot did less damage.

I took a bazooka, but it works with torpedo's, ship cannon and tank cannon on all armoured vehicles aswell.

Bf1942 takes damage from an angle in account. So you can use the german method of offseting your tank to 1 o'clock or 11 o'clock and it will help to reduce amount of damage.

Because the frontal armour of the FH tiger is almost impossible to damage, the offsetting method is much more important for allied tanks and early/mid war german tanks. You should use it to your advantage.