the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#142 15 years ago

Nice job Beast of War. I already offset anytime I can get hold of a tank, but it's dam near impossible because of the campers. Hell, I've been shot in the back so many times, just trying to get out of the bases, I keep checking my soldiers back to see if there's a target on it. I'm even thinking of joining one of the Panzer clans just so I can more enjoyment out of FH.

Kämpfer

I take what n0e says way too seriously

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,394 Posts

0 Threads

#143 15 years ago

Beast of WarDid you look at my pictures ? I DID fire on the centre from an angle......and the shot did less damage.

I took a bazooka, but it works with torpedo's, ship cannon and tank cannon on all armoured vehicles aswell.

Bf1942 takes damage from an angle in account. So you can use the german method of offseting your tank to 1 o'clock or 11 o'clock and it will help to reduce amount of damage.

Because the frontal armour of the FH tiger is almost impossible to damage, the offsetting method is much more important for allied tanks and early/mid war german tanks. You should use it to your advantage.

Yes, he is right angle is takin into account.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#144 15 years ago
KämpferYes, he is right angle is takin into account.

I hope, the dev team can do it then, too.

the Darkness VIP Member

Advanced Member

50 XP

20th October 2002

0 Uploads

1,333 Posts

0 Threads

#145 15 years ago

This was done by a Russian assault gun. Good pic.

wm938_5.jpg

Sgt Saunders

Master of space and time

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#146 15 years ago

Beast of WarYes, it did....

The KIng Tiger had the 12 cylinder Maybach HL 230 with 700 HP output

The first tigers had the 12-cylinder Maybach HL 210 with 650 HP output, but were badly underpowered and its off-road performance suffered as a result. To improve that problem modified 12-cylinder Maybach HL 230 engine with power increased to 700hp was installed in all models since May of 1943.

I will concede that we were both incorrect. You should have qualified your statement. Only those Tigers produced after May 1943 carried the same engine as the Tiger II

Sgt Saunders

Master of space and time

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

206 Posts

0 Threads

#147 15 years ago
SniperWolfenThe Panther tanks were/are elegant and agile just like a ballerina. That's the best way to describe them. But I'm more of a bull in a china shop kinda person. And there was no bigger bull in the field that the JadgTiger. And the Elefant was the tank destroyer version of the Tiger, but I think it had the same gun as the Tiger.....I could be wrong though. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm always willing to listen and learn. BTW: How many miles/kms is 22410 meters. I don't convert meters very well.:uhm:

The Ferdinand used the Porsche chassis. Porsche had created 90 of these, but the Tiger contract went to Henschel. Porsche converted these hulls into the Ferdinand. The speed was slow, 12mph, they had a high silhouette, prone to break down and they carried no MG's so were very vulnerable to infantry attack. They did carry the 88mm L70 gun. They suffered heavy losses at Kursk and Guderian refused to waste more resources on producing more of them. Basically, the Ferdinand was a piece of crap.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#148 15 years ago

The early Ferdinand lacked a MG, so could not defend themselves from infantry closing in, what caused high losses. Out of bitter nessesaty their crew fired a 7.62 mm MG34 through the 88 mm barrel or attached one underneath it on the outside......... But the armour was quitte adaquate :

"On the first day of action, we successfully engaged bunkers, infantry, field and anti-tank artillery positions. For three hours our guns (Ferdinands) fought in the cavalcade of enemy fire and proved to be immune to enemy fire !. In the evening of the first day, first enemy tanks were destroyed, while others retreated. Crews of field and anti-tank guns run away after firing few uneffective shots against our guns (Ferdinands). In first engagements our regiment (656 sPanzerjager Regiment) destroyed numerous artillery positions, bunkers as well as 120 enemy tanks..." - Report from July 19th of 1943 by Platoon commander Boehm.

With 8 - 10 km cross country they were very slow however. If one day the FH Tiger is brought back to realistic armour values, FH might want to add the Ferdinand, that way the nOObs can have an almost inpenerateble armour tank ( assault gun ) and it will be realistic ;)

getpicture.php?id=414938