the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#11 15 years ago

Beast of WarThe engine was already too weak for the Tiger I.......after 1000 km ( if any tank came that far ) the engine had to be replaced totally....

I can start about the ME262 engines too, if you like.......these lasted only a few HOURS

If there's a realistic king tiger in FH in each case it will crawl over the battlfield, no faster then the Mathilda I. Because it cross country speed was..........16 km/h !!!!

But in fact he needn´t move, coz if the Devs put in zooming optics for the tankgunner, then this thing can shot enemy tanks from across the map (how it was and how it should be).

Same goes for the Jagdtiger, Jagdpanzer, Jagdpanther, etc. etc.

The coaxial gun can be manned by a second guy then, but the Driver/gunner should have zoom on alt-fire.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#12 15 years ago
'[2SSEnigma']haha! I knew that guy was an idiot!

I don't thik Beast of War is an idiot. He just wanted to mention some Kingtigers had inferior armour by posting theese testshot-pics. In my opinion the Tiger I was the most legendary german tank. But the Panther is my favourite one. Developed on the T34 it has well and angular armour, also it had more agility than any Tiger ang a more powerful gun than the Tiger I had.:D

[2SS]Enigma

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

111 Posts

0 Threads

#13 15 years ago
FreakNastyI don't thik Beast of War is an idiot. He just wanted to mention some Kingtigers had inferior armour by posting theese testshot-pics. In my opinion the Tiger I was the most legendary german tank. But the Panther is my favourite one. Developed on the T34 it has well and angular armour, also it had more agility than any Tiger ang a more powerful gun than the Tiger I had.:D

Bah any pro-allied weapons/equipment person is an idiot :fistpunch:

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#14 15 years ago

King tiger not so strong... not; it was the strongest of the war. (well the maus was a bit more :P)

Got more armor than a Tiger, and got best protection than it.

The only way that the allies got to destroy a King Tiger, was with planes or artilery.

About velocities:

- Cross country (Panzer IV= 11 mph; Tiger = 12 mph; Tiger 2 = 11 mph) - Max velocity (Panzer IV= 19.13 mph; Tiger = 25 mph; Tiger 2 = 24 mph)

So the Tiger 2 is fastest than the Panzer IV.

If you need any info about them: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/html/germany/pzkpfw_vib.html

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#15 15 years ago
'[2SSEnigma']Bah any pro-allied weapons/equipment person is an idiot :fistpunch:

No, just patriotistic fools.

And to these I only have to say:

"Wenn man keine Ahnung hat, einfach mal Fresse halten!"

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#16 15 years ago
'[2SSEnigma']Bah any pro-allied weapons/equipment person is an idiot :fistpunch:

Would it scare you if i said i am generally pro german equipment ? I am just being realistic to the historically correct weaknesses they did have.

It was all about hartman saying it would be hard to scratch the paint......for allies in the bulge that is true.....but for the russian tanks/tank destroyers of the same time late in the war it is not.

FreakNasty

Singlehearted

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

2,489 Posts

0 Threads

#17 15 years ago

Damn, Enigma... You are an evil man :mepimp:

Peo

The forums staffers think I'm Cool

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

177 Posts

0 Threads

#18 15 years ago

The engine wasn't the biggest problem. It was the overly complex suspension and over stressed transmission. Same problems as the Panther and Tiger 1 had.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#19 15 years ago

I read that report. It was a shell test bu the Russians on a king tiger. No wonder the armor started to spall & crack. They we're constantly firing 100mm & 122mm round at the tiger! Even tough they didn't pentrate, the armour surely cracked because the shell were huge!

The king tiger is superior in all aspect except speed & reliability period.

the_move

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#20 15 years ago

Beast of WarWould it scare you if i said i am generally pro german equipment ? I am just being realistic to the historically correct weaknesses they did have.

It was all about hartman saying it would be hard to scratch the paint......for allies in the bulge that is true.....but for the russian tanks/tank destroyers of the same time late in the war it is not.

If you would be so "objective" you would also see the point that the King Tiger was more successful in killing tanks than any T or KV series.

And would you know stop this idiotically discussion. At the End of the war, the Germans simply did not have enough resources (metal) left to built Tanks with their complete armour.

They were happy about every tank rolling.

And you also forget the point that the King Tiger with less armour also had less weight and were therefor faster and did not consume as much fuel.

But I prefer the fully armoured anyday.

It was a successful and feared tank and I think we needn´t argue about this any longer.