BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

why does the king tiger turret turn so fast ? its even faster than the Shermans turret it shoudl tunr like the Tigers turret

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

Electrically driven by more or more powerfull electric motors ??

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

KIng Tiger did have a very fast turning turret. The turret could be rotated in between 19 seconds and 77 seconds depending on engine rpm. The best speed being 2000rpm for 19 sseconds.

BAM

I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

3,415 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

so it could rotate 360 degres in 19 seconds ? in fdh its like 8 seconds or something ;)

[11PzG]matyast

[11PzG] clan leader

50 XP

5th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,175 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

In FH every turret turns faster....

Froggin_Ashole42

My nationality? I'm a mut.

50 XP

5th March 2004

0 Uploads

530 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

Yes well,Fh wasn't exactly going for realism though.

Coolguy

神 & FH Godfather

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,799 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

The Tiger has/had a really slow turret but don't be fooled by the KT. It turret turned almost as fast as that of a T-34/85

Solo4114

Scoundrel Extraordinaire

50 XP

16th September 2002

0 Uploads

1,460 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

What FH has done with tank turret speeds, I believe, is modeled them realistically in a relative sense, but not in an absolute sense. So, for example, in real life, a King Tiger's turret could turn at a rate of 360 degrees in (random numbers here) 50 seconds, whereas the Tiger could turn 360 degrees in 100 seconds. In FH, they've modeled this relatively, so that a Tiger turns 360 degrees in 16 seconds, and the King Tiger turns it in 8 seconds. So in that sense, the relative values of the tanks are realistic, but the absolute values are not.

I'm hoping they'll do this same kind of stuff with the planes.

As long as we're on tank balance/relativity issues, I'm curious about something with the Puma. I know that its long-barreled 75mm gun was supposed to be pretty damn good at anti-tank work, but I'm curious as to whether it was quite as powerful as it is in the game, relatively speaking. I mean, the other night on Alpenfestung (which, based on the one round I played, seems like it might need a balance pass), I watch a Puma take out pretty much every tank the Allies had. Granted, this was at medium range, and the Puma was hitting the tanks almost perfectly perpendicular on the side (and the tanks were Sherman variants and M10s), but doesn't this seem a little too powerful? I'm not sure, so I'll defer to the hardcore tank historians here.

the_move

Frisch, Fromm, Fröhlich, Frei!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

656 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago

Solo4114What FH has done with tank turret speeds, I believe, is modeled them realistically in a relative sense, but not in an absolute sense. So, for example, in real life, a King Tiger's turret could turn at a rate of 360 degrees in (random numbers here) 50 seconds, whereas the Tiger could turn 360 degrees in 100 seconds. In FH, they've modeled this relatively, so that a Tiger turns 360 degrees in 16 seconds, and the King Tiger turns it in 8 seconds. So in that sense, the relative values of the tanks are realistic, but the absolute values are not.

As long as we're on tank balance/relativity issues, I'm curious about something with the Puma. I know that its long-barreled 75mm gun was supposed to be pretty damn good at anti-tank work, but I'm curious as to whether it was quite as powerful as it is in the game, relatively speaking. I mean, the other night on Alpenfestung (which, based on the one round I played, seems like it might need a balance pass), I watch a Puma take out pretty much every tank the Allies had. Granted, this was at medium range, and the Puma was hitting the tanks almost perfectly perpendicular on the side (and the tanks were Sherman variants and M10s), but doesn't this seem a little too powerful? I'm not sure, so I'll defer to the hardcore tank historians here.

This durations you´ve given are far too high. It takes 1 full minute for the Tiger to turn it´s turret and not more. And to make sure it´s got enough RPM to turn fast the driver only needs to "step on the gas".

As for the Puma, one direct hit and it would have been smashed. It´s the others problem if they don´t hit.

Leitung Panzer

BFE-WaW Tanker

50 XP

14th November 2003

0 Uploads

75 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

The normal speed it took for a KingTiger to turn it's turret 360 degrees was 12.3 seconds, considerably faster than the Tiger1. :nodding: