You suck at the Internet.

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hey all --

I was just thinking that tonight's the last night that we get to play 0.5 and it made me kind of nostalgic. I remember the first time I loaded up 0.5 -- it changed the entire BF experience for me.

I don't have any crazy stories -- I did, however, make a point to abuse as many tankers as possible with the Panzerfaust just because it's so easy and so much fun. In less than 24 hours we'll be able to look back and be like, "Damn what a rail gun that thing was!" Anyways, post here with your closing thoughts on 0.5.

SilenT AssassiN

A South African Bohemian

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

1,951 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

i will miss it dearly :( but look forward to the new .. .6 ba ..Na.. Na :D

Loff

I art god.

50 XP

16th December 2003

0 Uploads

238 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago

:D, more like 36 hours due to internet laggage. I remember when i dled the first FH version (dont remember the version), man, I loved it. This is the next step, today .5, tomorrow, .6.

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I'm going to say this: I won't miss .5, but based on the potential I saw in .5, I'll be downloading and probably playing-habitually .6.

My first game of FH .5 was in a crowded Wolf server. I got in, after reading a bit on the website about the damages and things. It was the first day FH was released to the public, so everyone was a noob. I jumped into a JU88 and watched it get full, cautiously eyeing everyone else in the plane with their rifles drawn and pointed at me. A single rifle grenade would have killed 8 teamates and I knew there had to be someone that would do that. I pulled my knife out to keep myself from looking threatening, and so did all the other passengers. That was a little relief. We took off, and the pilot figured out the door button very quickly. AA guns were hitting us as we got to the docks, but the entire mass of players had bailed (many straight into the ocean) and I got 2 kills by going prone next to the flag with a Tommygun kit I had found. We got the flag and waited for all the ocean swimmers to get to shore, then we stole the tanks at the dock and went to the mountain pass flag.

There I first met the Panzerfaust100, in the hands of a British guy, who killed my shiny new MatildaII in one shot. That was the last time I used a tank in FH. :D

I played FH for probably 2 months straight, then the little problems started getting on my nerves and I had to stop. I hope .6 can bring the same amount of fun and teamwork into the game while destroying all the balance issues and bugs of the former .5.

[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Ohioan, welcome back. I think that 0.6 is going to answer everyone's prayers.

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

i wasn not a fan of 0.5 at all. i played it for a week then stopped. this should be a whole new thing though.

gg polish army :D

Ohioan

Not Wise Shitashi - Cheston

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

3,604 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

Thanks. I also have faith that .6 will be the savior come to earth. Now if only I could get it to download before 2pm Sat...

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago
[1.SS.Pz]LSSAH

50 XP

22nd November 2003

0 Uploads

536 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
'[CNIOhioan']Thanks. I also have faith that .6 will be the savior come to earth. Now if only I could get it to download before 2pm Sat...

Azureus -- I have been a proponent of the ed2k, eMule and Overnet protocols for a long while and I've also been pretty skeptical of torrents. But, the donk let me down this time so I went with Azureus to get a torrent and it was amazing; high speeds both up and down -- you'll easily have it before tomorrow 2pm by using it.

RObbit

Roger That Mommy Cat^^

50 XP

23rd October 2003

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

Good to see u back Ohioan And as for the .5 stories, i'd rather block those memories out .........