sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

beast of war: we have this discussion in germany for years now. you can show swastikas, ss-runes and so on in cheap action-b-movies but not in computergames. thats called "gloryfying the nazis".. it's schizophrenic but it is as it is. computergames have no lobby.

Archangel85

Customtitles rock!

50 XP

30th June 2003

0 Uploads

795 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

swastikas on museum vehicles are out of question - they stay, because they serve an educational reason. Games don't (at least not officially). Plus, Games already have a very bad reputation ("Lerning to kill"), and adiing banned symbols isn't going to help that (in fact, the english version of MoHAA was confiscated on the german border).

Its not just banning it and then never talk about it again. At first, it was to prevent nazis to rally and regroup. Now, its - partly - because of the victims. How would you feel if you had survived a concentration camp, come to germany now, and the first thing you see are some guys wearing a swastika. Not funny.

Eglaerinion

Vault Dweller

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

2,822 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago
B.F. PierceWe're working on a clean safe version for Germany don't worry ;)

But that will probably mean that the germans can't play on other servers and vice versa?

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago
EglaerinionBut that will probably mean that the germans can't play on other servers and vice versa?

i guess that too. because only replacing the skins its useless, they have to bring out a special german server-version which checks if the player have the german version running. but i'm not a moder, just a little player, so i will just wait for the final result :)

anyway. luckily there are some .nl, .dk, .ch and .at-based servers around ;)

Oberst Topgun

Herr Oberst Feldmarschall

50 XP

8th August 2003

0 Uploads

868 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

yeah, i played with u along a great hungary server yesterday, this server roxx :)

anyway i hope the team knows how to fit the german version with the english one, but for me this law is so crappy, that i dont care of it and will keep the english version. the problem is the server versions, because the server hosters will not commit illegal things ...

flycatcher

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

8th May 2003

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

[QUOTE=Tracy] No gameserver hoster in Germany offers a game server with FH right now and even private server with FH are illegal if they provide access to a game with nazi symbols. QUOTE]

I dunno what part of germany you live but, why don't you try getting a server across the border? Maybe you can get one in Belgium or Holland, they don't have laws like that and pay whit euro's to.

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

Its only skins...shouldnt affect your connection with others...

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

We have discussed this thousand times :D We will make two versions, one historic and another without swastikas, then the german servers can legally host FH and the players can download what they want with freedom.

MkH^

FH tester

50 XP

25th September 2003

0 Uploads

2,286 Posts

0 Threads

#19 16 years ago

sturmklingei guess that too. because only replacing the skins its useless, they have to bring out a special german server-version which checks if the player have the german version running. but i'm not a moder, just a little player, so i will just wait for the final result :)

anyway. luckily there are some .nl, .dk, .ch and .at-based servers around ;)

Err.. What do you mean by having to bring out a version which checks if the player is running the german version? Isn't it players own decision to run offensive or non offensive version? It's like someone offers you beer when you're 17 years only and you say no because you're not 18 yet.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#20 16 years ago
sturmklingebeast of war: we have this discussion in germany for years now. you can show swastikas, ss-runes and so on in cheap action-b-movies but not in computergames. thats called "gloryfying the nazis".. it's schizophrenic but it is as it is. computergames have no lobby.

well what if i feel like glorifying nazis? why the hell shouldnt i be allowed to?

I think that banned symbols thing is pure bullshit :-p