Blistex

Been here longer than you!

50 XP

21st May 2003

0 Uploads

480 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Most of you have read my previous thread about the possible hurdles that FH will have to overcome in order to have a sizable online community. I propose that this be the thread that does something about it!

Here is the Game Plan. . .

FH needs exposure and publicity to get a larger fan base, in order to get a larger fan base we need to spread the word, have amazing pics on the web site, and get in mentioned on a few different sites!

If it were to somehow end up on Fark that would mean that over 300,000 people would see the link. Even assuming that only 1% click on that it would still mean that 3,000 people would actually go to the site! and if only 1% of those people that went there were to actually play the mod that would mean 30 extra players!

Of course that's a worst case scenario, remember people that love a game get their friends to play it, and those friends that like it will tell other people!

Another idea would be to submit a letter to PC Gamer, Computer Game Review, and as many online game review sites as possible! I'm sure that GameSpy would love to host a server if you were to put a GameSpy advert in the startup screen or in the corner of a menu or something.

Just food for thought! I'm not saying that you're doing things wrong, but how can more players and possibly more servers be a bad thing? When you log in All-Seeing Eye do you want to see 2 servers playing FH with 15 players between the two or do you want to see 10 servers with half of them full and the others somewhere between 1/3rd and 3/4 full?

Nijo

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

20th August 2003

0 Uploads

140 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

2 servers playing FH with 15 players. No, wait...

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

I want to see hundreds of servers. :) not 10. good idea but i know that all devs have too much to do to really work on that issue. Maybe you guys could help us out, but alone I guess we wont manage to do much publicity while workin all freetime on FH.

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

I'll see if I can make some FH threads on other forums...

N45ty

25, 3 kids,1 wife, no life

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

20 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

Most of the guys at BattleforEurope are dribbling and making a mess everywhere waiting for this Mod. The Tournament admins are anxious to get stuck into it too as it looks to be perfect for the BFE setup. If FH makes BF1942 more teamwork orientated and a bit more realistic the us BFEers will eat it up like pie :donut:

shrinerr

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

1,258 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago
N45tyMost of the guys at BattleforEurope are dribbling and making a mess everywhere waiting for this Mod. The Tournament admins are anxious to get stuck into it too as it looks to be perfect for the BFE setup. If FH makes BF1942 more teamwork orientated and a bit more realistic the us BFEers will eat it up like pie :donut:

Is BFE any good? I've read a little about it but it sounds a little bit unorganised..maybe thats just me.

Weapon-XI

A CAT IS FINE TOO

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

I'm already on it ;).

Feld.Rommel-|RtM|-

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

16th September 2003

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

Hi, I am Feld.Rommel, and am the Tournament Chairman over at BFE World at War(BF1942 tournament). Most people in BFE have joined because they were seeking teamplay and realism without having to commit to a clan like atmosphere. It is my believe that the FH mod would be perfect for such a tournament, and would help alot towards creating a gamming community around FH. What I would like to do is open up a constructive discussion that would enable both of our communities to benefit from a partnership, and grow in popularity. We have made a similar agreement with Desert combat in our 21st century warfare tournament(21CW) with huge success.

Helpfull links: http://bf1942.battleforeurope.com/ http://www.21stcenturywarfare.net/

LIGHTNING [NL]

FH2 Developer

50 XP

30th May 2003

0 Uploads

9,811 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago
Feld.Rommel-|RtM|- We have made a similar agreement with Desert combat in our 21st century warfare tournament(21CW) with huge success.

O yes, I remember a thread in the bf42.com forums about you guys stealing other mappers' maps and then getting rid of the readme and the loading screen and any other evidence that the map was made by someone else and called it your own.

Great idea :fistpunch:

AceS

All my base are belong to n0e

50 XP

25th April 2003

0 Uploads

503 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

I think Rommels idea sounds quite good!