JG400

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

10 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

First off another hearty commendation on a job well done to the FH team , however I wish this realism would be translated to some of the play; there appear to be about 4 groups of players

1. Noobs (I hate that term ) these are people for whom the game is new or are still inexpereienced, granted we have all queued up to grab the tiger or a plane and these people will do the same, however they are new , they are the life blood of the mod and they should be encouraged to get more out of the game.

2. Then there are the bunch who own the game ,know the Mod builders personnaly and don't want anyone else to play but themselves, their mate and any one who might be associated with the Mod, they hate Noobs (there's that term again) never admit to ever being one , find amusement at people who don't know what they are doing and are 15 going on 3

3 The 3rd group is the masses, played the game for a few months ,not great players poetential cannon fodder but fill all those empty server places, usually to be found wandering incoherently around the map with little rime or reason, wandering off in tanks get killed respawn wander off etc , Please note I consider myself to fall into this group :)

4 Group 4 are the experts, kill you at outrageous ranges, amass huge scores but usally play without having to resort to offensive language, however to me these often dissappoint the most for they have the experience and knowledge in order to organise the players into an effective team

I have played one game in my entire BF42 MP experience where the team played as a team, in that game (Berlin Axis) I survived the entire game in the Panzer III with out being killed because the rest of the team supported me to ensure that both Inf and Tanks didn't get close and I was able to take out the T34's etc on my own terms. Let me give you a current example; Crete Axis tanks Stug III (no machine gun ) and Panzer II (No fire power), is it to easy to think that the best policy might be to combine them with inf support but no off we wander on our own soon to be spawning back there again, and there are plenty more.

So as in the words of Kitchener, team sense needs you, man that AA near our airfields, support tanks with inf cover , tanks keep pace with the advancing inf to help them, this mod aims to be more realistic I think it deserves more realistic team play as well

I know what you might say 'JOIN a CLAN' however I don't feel (and there must be others) I have enough free time to dedicate and Clans deserve members who can dedicate as much time as possible.

Ok I am off my soap box, oh and by the way, group 2 clear off and come back when you are out of nappies

raslin

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

9th February 2003

0 Uploads

1,062 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

#2 baby...Wear the badge with honor :P

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

this would be a great thread if i knew what the point of it was

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

3rd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

unfortunatly most people are idiots :p

The only time iv'e evre experianced good team play is at the very start of the map where EVERYONE spawns at once and go off in little groups of 4 or 5 until they die. The other time is when there is only 1 flag left to cap and the whole team is eaither bent on attack/defending it.

I cant really think of a way to force teamplay other then just let people play the mod for a long time and see what works.

Raven26

Dread pwns me!

50 XP

28th September 2003

0 Uploads

465 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

This is the funniest thing i heard all week. LMAO!!

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

Ok look this is what you do...

Play with a bunch of friends. It's really cool when you use teamwork with alot of friends and use teamspeak all the time.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

You don't need friends to play as a team. I played lots of times in different maps, and our team used team tactics. Without teamspeaking. Just internet players who want to play good. For example Yesterday in Bocage, or the other day in Valirisk.

Crimman

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

9th October 2003

0 Uploads

130 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

about #4's i find in games no one is willing to listen to what i say, no one follows the tactics that the people who take charge give. so in the end i resort in taking flags by myself, breaking the line by myself, and defending the line by myself. so i wouldnt blame the good people for not giving orders, but blame the other people who think they're better then the team to particapate in stratagies.

Beast of War

Born to kill

50 XP

28th May 2003

0 Uploads

2,698 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Group 1 would be the NEWBEES. That is a whole other sort of players then nOObs.

There's nothing wrong with newbees. They just the ones that still have to learn how the game work, as did we all at some point. You can't learn everything offline. By seeing others play they will learn fast. Among them will be the experts of tomorrow.

nOOBs however are players who deliberatly sick the game. That is because they lack skill and are frustreated about it. They are the ones who will shoot you in the back to get a plane or tank you are closer to then them. They are the ones driving a Tiger in an enemy base and go happily camping there but don't last long......the ones that previously used the enemy aircraft hangers to repair their tank while camping the airfield before that was removed.

Because FH is new there are a lot of nOObs trying it out. But because FH realism (more difficult) attract players with skills, they will soon see their lack of skill multiplied, they die fast even in a weapon such as a Tiger. I think this group will leave eventually for a newer mod, i guess when bfvietnam appears they will be over there. (hopefully)

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

28th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago
Crimmanabout #4's i find in games no one is willing to listen to what i say, no one follows the tactics that the people who take charge give. so in the end i resort in taking flags by myself, breaking the line by myself, and defending the line by myself. so i wouldnt blame the good people for not giving orders, but blame the other people who think they're better then the team to particapate in stratagies.

you're looking in the wrong place to have teamplay. seriously, when youre on a pub, you have to deal with the immense chatlag and people's egos. i can see how some think that they shouldnt be bossed around by some nobody halfway across the world, which is why teamplay and pubs are never in the same sentence. i'd love it if there was cohesion, but it aint gonna happen on a pub