The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#11 17 years ago

I had this wierd idea about setting up a Teamspeak server (I have one that has insane bandwidth) for this forum. What do you say about that? Would be pretty interesting....

judge reinhold

BOY I SURE POST ALOT

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

2,112 Posts

0 Threads

#12 17 years ago

ehh i dunno jackal. it would probably be unused after a while because wouldnt we all have to meet here and agree on a certain time to go on a server? fh clans it would work better for, but i doubt for the general populace it will be put to use.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#13 17 years ago

no no no it would be up all the time...

People can just idle in there and stuff or play. Those that join the TS can just ask if people are playing and they would just tell them the server name. I say it might be good.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#14 17 years ago

I wish there could be servers with people who want to work togethor, and servers for those who dont. This is why back in the day of vanilla BF I always played on 201st teamplay. People always work togethor there and some of the server settings scare noobs and smacktards away.

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#15 17 years ago

Well just tell me if I should set up a channel within a TS server that has no limit on players and has high bandwidth. All the ones that want to play together can just meet up in there. I think it'll be fun. =)

SHADOW_KILL

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

29th September 2003

0 Uploads

9 Posts

0 Threads

#16 17 years ago
Crimmanabout #4's i find in games no one is willing to listen to what i say, no one follows the tactics that the people who take charge give. so in the end i resort in taking flags by myself, breaking the line by myself, and defending the line by myself. so i wouldnt blame the good people for not giving orders, but blame the other people who think they're better then the team to particapate in stratagies.

Exactly how I feel. I don't bother to communicate anymore because of all the nonsense/flaming/taunting I see people typing. I just ignore all those typed messages. I always play as engineer because it has the most advantages for the team and it complements my playing style the best. It's usually all for nothing though (eg repair a tank or something and they go off and do something stupid like run over a teammate's landmine.).

I would love to give orders if I knew people would actually listen. But I'd much rather take orders from someone I trusted.

I remember playing on a roger wilco CS server years ago and it was the bomb! No matter who you were, you still felt like part of the team.

McGibs

FHdev

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

4,064 Posts

0 Threads

#17 17 years ago

great thing about halflife is the mike support. Anyone who has a mike can instantly use it. Playing a game of dod or (especially) natural selection with a group of people youve never met before, but are all co operfating so efficiantly because of microphones (its a thing of beutey to be on a marine team with everyone following orders and backing each other up)

I dont know why more games dont use implemented mike technology

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#18 17 years ago

The one guy I like to play is with SKORZ, he knows something called teamwork, when we play we often kick ass, but I dont play that often =/ Cheers Skorz! Too bad there arent more guys like you...

The Jackalx2k

FHmod Developer

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,214 Posts

0 Threads

#19 17 years ago

Anyone think my teamspeak idea is good? Being able to just talk to each other is alot easier for teamwork trust me. I am also a teamwork engineer.

Maximus

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

700 Posts

0 Threads

#20 17 years ago

I do, except I dont chat that much, but I would love to play on a server with a bunch of you sometime.