bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#21 17 years ago
The Jackalx2kAnyone think my teamspeak idea is good? Being able to just talk to each other is alot easier for teamwork trust me. I am also a teamwork engineer.

I'm a rifleman or AT (if there are tanks close to me). I can't speak with the TS cuz my oral english is pathetic. ( imagine, is worse than my writting :O ).

Evilsanta

Swedish Elite Tanker

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

435 Posts

0 Threads

#22 17 years ago

The Jackalx2k, a TS server für alle would be great :), please set one up so we can try :)

[BFE]Proton

No advertising, please!

50 XP

22nd September 2003

0 Uploads

21 Posts

0 Threads

#23 17 years ago

If you want team work then dont bother playing on pub servers ... FH definitely does bring it out more but really just forget it. I rarely play on pub servers anymore since I joined Battle For Europe

Its a tournament for people who want to play the game properly without the smacktards - its awesome basically. At the moment it is P2P (about $3) but next campaign it will be free again because I believe we may very well be using one of our favourite mods - anyone have any guesses :rock: Not confirmed but very strong possibility BFE will be the first tournie with all of our favourite mod

WOOT :thumbsup:

sturmklinge

Rippin' Kitten

50 XP

2nd October 2003

0 Uploads

451 Posts

0 Threads

#24 17 years ago

SHADOW_KILLExactly how I feel. I don't bother to communicate anymore because of all the nonsense/flaming/taunting I see people typing. I just ignore all those typed messages. [/quote] not reading is not good.as a german, i'm playing most of my time at dutch, austrian, swiss or german servers (sometimes at swedish too) and all the time i'm playing i try to organize some teamwork using teamchat. sometimes it works, often not.

like sitting in a matilda II at crete, covering an axis-flag, but can't capture it, because of a axis-at in one house. so i call for reinforcment, but at 90% of all cases nobody helps. so what should i do? usual i don't know where the guy is, so i won't leave the tank for hunting him down. (i often enough did this, but i learned fast NOT to do this, because the tank was gone/axis ;)) fh is for teamplay, but at pubs there is no real tp, except of some few guys (often i share icq-numbers with them)

[QUOTE=SHADOW_KILL]I always play as engineer because it has the most advantages for the team and it complements my playing style the best. It's usually all for nothing though (eg repair a tank or something and they go off and do something stupid like run over a teammate's landmine.).

uh yes. like me. i'm playing as eng (sometimes even as support) most of the time. and i can tell you stories... placing mines at (e.g.) bridges, telling it to the team 2 or 3 times. the text is still readable and one IDIOT is driving his jeep (3 guys in it) across this bridge. *kaboom.* negative score or losing lot of score. or repairing other guys tanks, and no "thx" or similar. sometimes even worser: they see infantry next to their tank, turning around and firing the mg at me. unnecessary to note, that there is no "sry" for this. i hate this, i'm so angry about this f**kers. i can understand when most of the players repair only their own tanks, doing NOTHING for others. but thats not the sense of this mod :(

but i don't want in a clan. i like to play fh, dc or eod, but i all the time i joined a clan in the past (tfc, ut, ut2k3, eve online) i lost the interest for this game a few weeks later. so i dont want to join a clan :D

mondogenerator

Wolfgaming.net *****istrator

50 XP

24th September 2003

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#25 17 years ago
The Jackalx2kAnyone think my teamspeak idea is good? Being able to just talk to each other is alot easier for teamwork trust me. I am also a teamwork engineer.

TS is brilliant and is essential for good team play. We have a TS server at Wolfgaming.net (where we also have a 44 player FH server;) ) and its not only good for playing BF but its a laugh to. I doubt I could play without it now.

okiN

Duke

50 XP

26th August 2003

0 Uploads

495 Posts

0 Threads

#26 17 years ago

I speak excellent english. I'm not bragging, that's a fact. But I don't have teamspeak or a mike. :( Maybe I should get one, so I could join you. Jackal, I endorse this idea fully. I, too, feel frustratred when my teammates intentionally (Jumping in front of my plane when I'm taxiing, camping at the airfield when the control points are falling) or unintentionally (Shelling me with arty after I capture a spawnpoint, or just not going where I tell them to) impair the team's gameplay, and quite often lose my temper and start spouting obscene typed messages. If I was on a server where communication works well and people do what's smartest, I wouldn't have to.

I'm not an great player, I suck at CQB with a rifle, I'm not a good tanker, and I sometimes fuck things up when I get lag (Drive a ship off the map, crash a heavy bomber with 4 people in it into a tree), but I still think I stand out from the crowd, and would really like to see this server happen.

Quercus

Cocoa-Banana

50 XP

6th October 2003

0 Uploads

63 Posts

0 Threads

#27 17 years ago

I play on the multiplayers.co.uk servers and they are a gerat bunch of people. Teamwork without voice comms is much more difficult but is possible. Why not try starting out by typing "Form a squad on me" when you spawn and see if anyone acknowledges you. Even if you only get one person to agree you will still be able to work together and increase your fun (and effectiveness) within the game.

nOm

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th October 2003

0 Uploads

8 Posts

0 Threads

#28 17 years ago

lol Quercus, multiplayers is the place to play, great admin, great ppl, you get some excellent teamplay.

like Quercus said give it a try:)