Rogue Knight

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

I have a question about the M1: How come it isn't on the pacific maps?

Either way, kudos to the FH team for putting out an excellent mod.

Fezarella

Lacoste

50 XP

17th December 2002

0 Uploads

6,610 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

not sure.. but i like the m1 :)

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#3 15 years ago
'[WZFezarella']not sure.. but i like the m1 :)

they are prolly adding a springfield (for wake and guado at least)

.:[kFmS]:.Fragger

You've been just ├śwned by me

50 XP

12th August 2003

0 Uploads

162 Posts

0 Threads

#4 15 years ago

I hate Guadal Canal. It's the worst map!

Lobo

All your base are belong to FH

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

6,883 Posts

0 Threads

#5 15 years ago

Good question, when was this weapon started to use?, in wich maps it would be historic to put it?

Rogue Knight

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

7 Posts

0 Threads

#6 15 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was used at the outset of the war, but I could be wrong. It sucks though, since it's such a cool gun, and you hardly ever see it (haven't played one multiplayer map that had the Garand).

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#7 15 years ago

There are just way to many Germans vs Russia maps running on the servers...

Garand:

By Pearl Harbor, there were relatively few M1s in inventory, and the predominate service rifle was still the '03. Most of the United States' early battles of the war, especially in the Pacific, were fought primarily with the bolt-action Springfield. Large numbers of World War I and earlier vintage '03s were refurbished by ordnance facilities for use in World War II. As production increased, the Garand began to be issued in growing numbers, but a surprising number of '03s remained in front-line use. Also Soldiers found it to long and heavy so they mostly used the M1 Carabine instead.

bmargb

BF 1936 TEAM

50 XP

31st August 2003

0 Uploads

340 Posts

0 Threads

#8 15 years ago

The Garand was produced the first time in 1936, was used in the main WW2 (from Peal Harbour to the end of the war), in late 42 was improved with a locking bar. It was designed for semi-automatic fire using a spring steel clip containing 8 rounds. This is where the term "clip" originated. All other rifles used a detachable or fixed magazine. The M1 Garand was designed for long range accuracy i.e. battle zero was set for any target less than 200 yards It was the only rifle that had fully adjustable i.e. windage and elevation, rear sights.

Neko Reaperman

I live on Gaming Forums

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

1,126 Posts

0 Threads

#9 15 years ago
LoboGood question, when was this weapon started to use?, in wich maps it would be historic to put it?

the springfield was in use at the battles of wake and guadocanal.... and as a sniper rifle by the americans at all theaters....

FH_Hades

FHMOD Researcher

50 XP

27th April 2003

0 Uploads

117 Posts

0 Threads

#10 15 years ago

look at my post...