Denwad

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

20th October 2003

0 Uploads

50 Posts

0 Threads

#51 16 years ago

The 7.62mm bullet differs in that there is a HELL of a lot more propellant behind the bullet and it's being shot through a (1 meter+) barrel to give it lots of velocity.

High velocity + small bullet + hard penetrator = high penetration

Of course, what it would do when it penetrates is minimal, just the penetrator entering the compartment with little velocity and maybe a few spall fragments.

EDIT- doh I put lots in the posessive form :( my grammer skills suck :(

SgtPepper

Aloha

50 XP

21st October 2003

0 Uploads

891 Posts

0 Threads

#52 16 years ago
RedNekSnipAif they have a scope for this thing, I will never touch another plane as long as this is selectable on the map!

Wouldn't get my hopes if i were you. They didn't put scopes on AT rifles since for it to be usefull you had to be close to the tank. And since using them against people would just be a waste of extremly expensive ammunition..... no scope

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#53 16 years ago

fuzzjonAAAActually....

The polish airborne almost got dropped into belgium with the US and brits, but something went wrong i forget what....but i think they had armored divisions and stuff in normandy and italy

AFAIK the 1st Polish did drop at Arnhem, but got all but annihilated. They took off in bad conditions a few days late, and landed on top of the Germans who were by now expecting them and many died in their chutes. Even then though they tried to break through, but the survivors were torn apart trying to cross the river to help relieve the British in Arnhem town. I think only 200 odd made it into Arnhem, I don't know how many made it overall and out of how many. :(

I don't think the Polish in Market Garden would make a very good battle; at least not if the map reproduces their bad luck as accurately as it happened.

I did hear the Polish were at Monte Cassino, though? I think.

striderx2048

DiCE/EA: Ambiguously Gay Duo

50 XP

16th May 2002

0 Uploads

2,073 Posts

0 Threads

#54 16 years ago

yep i heard they the polish were the ones that finally took monte cassino, not the FRENCH

emonkies

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

17th July 2003

0 Uploads

15,096 Posts

0 Threads

#55 16 years ago

I would like to see a map of the 1st Polish Armored Division and its stand blocking the Falaise gap.

One Polish Armored Divsion versus several German Divisions trying to break out of Falaise. The Poles took heavy casulties but gave no ground and gave no quarter to the Germans...and won!

http://dragoons10.tripod.com/1st.html

[3Rb]RudeRogo

Polska Walczaca

50 XP

11th August 2003

0 Uploads

219 Posts

0 Threads

#56 16 years ago

ya god damned right we did. people have the common misconception that the poles were completely obliterated. the germans had fairly high casulties for such a "sucessfull" operation. yes, the polish took the monestary at monte cassino, they were equiped with all british equipment though. they also broke the german enigma code, much apposed to popular belief that says the british did.

Mike 51

Bush/Cheney 2004 apparently

50 XP

27th September 2003

0 Uploads

526 Posts

0 Threads

#57 16 years ago

We did break the codes, what the Polish did was provide the technology needed to do so. We still had to intercept the codes and come up with the cribs (solutions) to run them through the Polish-designed computers. Without these (incredibly complicated) cribs, the computers would be useless.

Not to take anything away from Poland - without their work we would never have broken the code at all - but the actual 'breaking' of the code on a day to day basis was done by the British, and not just in terms of using the machines but also providing and deciphering the information to make those machines work.

We're also the first to capture an Enigma (not the Americans, contrary to U571 belief ;)).

Weedburner 2

I don't spend enough time here

50 XP

4th October 2003

0 Uploads

23 Posts

0 Threads

#58 16 years ago

No Germany dont use Tank Rifles in WW2.Germany used tank Rifles in WW1 the "Mauser 13mm Tank Gewehr" could penetrate 25mm Steel,enough for Alied Tanks.But in WW2 Germany dont use them anymore. I got a old "Guide" called "DerPanzerknacker" which is a manual for Infantery vs Tank Close Combat (Panzernahkampf).

German used Smoke Grenades,Flash Grenades,25 liter Fuel containers with Grenade attached.Normal Signal Revolver with Special Anti Armor Ammunition !!.Tungsten Steel MG Ammunition.And "Geballte Ladungen" (some Stickgrenade Heads attached to one Stick Grenade,so that the Grenade had 10 or more Grenades on one Stick.But they also used Steelbars,sticked them into enemy Coax Machineguns and pull,so the barrel will no longer be straight.

Of Course there was alot of Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck,but less people know that over 10.000 German Soldiers get the Panzernahkampf Medal for Destroying a Tank with this Methods

D_Day_Dawson

Missing in action

50 XP

7th August 2003

0 Uploads

750 Posts

0 Threads

#59 16 years ago
Acomba MikeWe're also the first to capture an Enigma (not the Americans, contrary to U571 belief ;)).

:furious: Don't start me on that one....! :furious: